PDA

View Full Version : under 5's confused

mabel
15-09-2009, 07:44 AM
my new certificate says

the early years age group is children aged from birth to 31 Aug after their
5th birthday
I have a boy just started full time education, he will be 5 in December.

I can now count him in my 5 to 8 year old can't I ?

Twinkles
15-09-2009, 07:49 AM
Yes they are still under EYFS at that point but when they are in full time education they count in your 5 - 8 age group.

Hebs
15-09-2009, 09:50 AM
ok another question (sorry to hijack :blush: )

i have a mindee who is 5, her birthday was 29th august, so does this mean she is out of the EYFS too??

Chatterbox Childcare
15-09-2009, 11:03 AM
If you have a child in Reception year at school they are not included in your ratio's for under 5 and over 5 but they are included in your Early Years Register

If you have children at school you need to get your numbers changed on your certificate relating specifically to EY Register. They are not out of the EYFS

Chatterbox Childcare
15-09-2009, 11:04 AM
ok another question (sorry to hijack :blush: )

i have a mindee who is 5, her birthday was 29th august, so does this mean she is out of the EYFS too??

If she was 5 on 29th August she won't be in your EYR. She should be in Year 1 now then

Hebs
15-09-2009, 11:29 AM
If she was 5 on 29th August she won't be in your EYR. She should be in Year 1 now then

yes she is :jump for joy:

singlewiththree
15-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Then yes she is in the 5-8 years and no EYFS as in Yr1

My DD is 29th August too and she will be just turned 4 when she starts school next year she still seems such a baby

charliegee
15-09-2009, 01:04 PM
If you have a child in Reception year at school they are not included in your ratio's for under 5 and over 5 but they are included in your Early Years Register

If you have children at school you need to get your numbers changed on your certificate relating specifically to EY Register. They are not out of the EYFS

sorry to jump on this post....but Debbie just seen your post and didn't really understand (I've just posted a question myself about numbers...I'm easily confussed!!)

is this to say we have to get our certificates changed if we get a 4 year old in full time ed?

My certificate mentions about "when caring for 4 or 5 year old children who are in full time education, may increase the number in the early years age group by the number of chidren in full time education provided the maximum number is not exceeded (Early Years Register)

is this okay or do we have to ring ofsted to tell them we have 4-5 year olds in full time ed?

sorry to jump on the post again hope I haven't annoyed!

x::blush: