PDA

View Full Version : assistants

sarahlou
14-09-2009, 09:28 PM
i had a queation from a parent today. i said I had to leave early next month to go on a course, which would mean the parent would have to pick up thier child 3/4 of an hour earlier. They asked if they gave written permission could my DH who is my assistant look after their child until she got there if she gave me written permission. I said no due to the fact that the registers have changed etc. Is this correct or can they give u permission for a short period of time

sweets
14-09-2009, 09:32 PM
not sure about that. if he did it unpaid i can't see it being a problem but you had best check with the mighty ofsted! lol.

Twinkles
14-09-2009, 10:20 PM
I think it depends what register they are on. How old is the child ?

rickysmiths
14-09-2009, 10:41 PM
If they are over five they can't be left alone in the house with an assistant. It they are in EYFS they can be left alone with an assistant with the parents written consent as long as it says on your Reg Cert that an assistant can be left for short peiods with a child. They have to have a first aid certificate as well.

angiemog
15-09-2009, 06:33 AM
My husband can be left with unders 5s for up to 2 hours on his own but you do need written permission from parents that it's ok. x

sarah707
15-09-2009, 06:45 AM
The revised childcare register says this...

Childminders must ensure that they are present on the premises at all times when childcare is being provided, unless they have prior written approval from Ofsted to be absent for short periods of time while another suitable person cares for the children.

So if the child is over Eyfs age (in full time school) you need to contact Ofsted!

enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk :D

Chatterbox Childcare
15-09-2009, 06:57 AM
As it is under 2 hours why not finish at a time and DH be a babysitter?