PDA

View Full Version : where are all the mindees???

mumx3
14-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Back in July I had enquiries all the time and was even able to be picky! i signed two mindees. Since then I have had complete timewasters.

People who phone and make appointments then dont show. Others who come, ask to sign there and then...I might say perhaps we should both think about it and make another appointment for contracts and then I never here from them again. Or there are those who phone up 5 mins before they are due to visit and say they have changed their minds about going back to work. Finally those who dont work out my location before booking an appointment only to discover they are 45mins away from me ..doh!

All the potential after schoolies seem to be being swallowed up in the super cheap After School Club and right now I am surviving on one part timer and an as and when contract. I need more mindees.

Sorry for the rant but I am sooo frustrated. Every day I am checking email and ansaphone messages but nothing is happening., I have sent posters and cards to local businesses with large work forces, I have put cards in sainsburys, Tesco and the library. I have advertised on Net Mums, Gum Tree.

What else can I do?

Helen Dempster
14-09-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm in the same boat at the moment - where about are you based? I'm in Kent, and haven't had anything for a while now. I've only got 1 f/t mindee and I think I may be about to lose him, as he starts school next week - a different one to my son, but at the same time! It's physically impossible for me to get them both there on time :-( Have you got transport? Try sticking a poster type ad in one of your car windows, cos I know a lot of CMs get work this way.

Anyway, good luck hun, I hope something comes along for you soon.

Helen xx

Tinglesnark
14-09-2009, 08:16 PM
i am also getting the time wasters....they are so excited about everything and we arrange the settling in sessions and then they decide that lo will go to nursery or just dissapear off the face of the earth...im getting a little self conscious i must admit lol
i have just bought a car sign form the childminding resources website. u will find the link on this site somewhere. i just googled the name. it is so cool! i love it! ive got my logo on it and it is mega visable in my rear window....just praying i get a call/email now...

good luck to you

xxx

Tiger Lilly
14-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Me to, i have even cleaned the house from top to bottom, twice in one week and no-one turned up.....
But i have two familys coming for a visit this week (if they turn up )! So fingers crossed AGAIN.x
Good luck.