PDA

View Full Version : Risk Assessment

Bex1
14-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Hi

I am worried about not having correct RA's and wonder if some one could help?

I have a daily risk assessment of the home and garden

I have a risk assessment for outings i.e to the park but do I have to complete everytime I go out because mine is stuff that I need to have but I have it all ready anyway!

Becky

singlewiththree
14-09-2009, 07:27 PM
I dont change mine every time we go out I have just made it very comprehensive to include different age children and different ages.

Ripeberry
14-09-2009, 08:34 PM
I've been making individual RA as one child is 1yr old and the other 3yrs old, so they get up to different kinds of trouble :panic:
I've done risk assesments for each place that I visit including school runs and each individual park/softplay and shopping prescinct.
I'm in the middle of doing RA for CM playgroups (going first time this week).
What I'm planning to do is to review each one every 6 months or IF anything changes...the venue or the child gets more adventurous.
Then in my big diary I write each day....planning for that day, make a note that the daily checks have been done, temperature of the fridge, begining of each week test and note that smoke alarms tested.
Once a month do a fire test with the kids and fill out form to say what happened and note in diary that the form has been filed.
When I go on outings I make a note that RA was checked and all OK or if it wasn't say why (in diary).
I just feel this is the best way of doing it for me, without masses of paperwork!