PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know the answer to these questions please?(assistants)

Ben10mad
14-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Hi i have an assistant who works with me 14 hours a week, but we are taking more children on and i know i will need her for probley 30 hours a week.
Does any one know if she can be self employed with working those hours?
and i have i got to pay minimum wage?

Thanx xxxx

Ben10mad
14-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Also i dont surpose anyone has number to call for information about all of this
xxx

Ben10mad
14-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Ive sorted it ive rung inland revenue to see where i stand.
they said as long as your assistant registers herself as self empolyed they can work as meny hours as you need them for wether it be 1-40 hours per week.

jeanybeany
14-09-2009, 04:34 PM
This is what I was told last week when I rang about taking on hubby! See the financially worth it thread.:D

Hope you don't mind me asking but did Ofsted come out to visit you when you asked for an assistant and also what did they increase your numbers to and did you need planning permission in your area?

Sorry, I've just filled in all the forms for Ofsted to post tomorrow and done a letter to the planning dept at the council. I feel really nervous. Also when did you start advertising? Could I do it now if I explain to prospective parents whats happening and don't take them on properly until everything is passed. Just want to generate some interest really to see if I can fill the possible places say for December/January time.................................

Thanks for any help. It's much appreciated.