PDA

View Full Version : Why are we the last to know?

Chatterbox Childcare
14-09-2009, 01:23 PM
I have a mindee who is with me full time but is having inductions days at school which means I collect him from school at 12.10 for 2 weeks and then 1.10 for the next two weeks and then he is in full time.

Mum is not working at the moment and is going to drop her hours to 2 days after school when he goes full time.

Mindee had his birthday on Saturday so I trooped all mindees to soft play and birthday party on Friday but all the little ones missed it so this morning at 7.30 I text everyone to say that we would go to Pizza Hut. I brought the cake at 11.30 today and at 12 mum rings and says "I will collect today as he has kick boxing lessons".

Grrrrrrrrr now why couldn't she tell me this over the weekend or as soon as I text this morning? No she waited until she had time and I had told all the other children, including hers.

I can see one disappointed child tonight when he goes at 3pm.

Parents :(

Bananabrain
14-09-2009, 01:27 PM
'Why would anyone tell me? I'm only the chilminder':laughing:

If I had a pound for everytime I've said those words.

You must be really fed up Debbie, why don't these parents realise? It's really rubbish for the child too especially if everyone else is going.

Annie_T
14-09-2009, 01:30 PM
oh thats not nice, you done all that and to be told that basically last min .. rudeness x

sarah707
14-09-2009, 02:04 PM
I hope the other children have fun without the birthday boy! :rolleyes: :D

Mouse
14-09-2009, 02:10 PM
How annoying and upsetting for everyone.

I had a really annoying thing a few years ago. It was a little girl's 3rd birthday & mum asked if I would do a party for her as her only friends then were the other minded children. She kept on about how she'd provide party bags, party food, balloons, prizes for games etc. She even asked me which other children would be here so she's get stuff for the right age.

The children were so excited about it & the other parents sent birthday cards & presents. We made hats, place mats & decorations. On the day, the mum turned up with a cake & a packet of mini Milky Way!! I said that I thought she was providing other stuff, but she said she hadn't had time to get anything (she'd asked me about 2 months earlier & didn't actually work - just sent daughter to me for a break!)

I had to send one of my sons to the shop for party food & go hunting round for suitable prizes for games. I even sent goody bags home as I was embarrassed that the other parents had sent presents thinking their children were coming for a party.

I took loads of photos of the day & put them all in a book for the little girl to take home. I didn't get any thanks for the party or for that, though she did send thank you letters to the other parents!

Lady Haha
14-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Mouse, thats just terrible!!! Idon't know what else to say, but I bet you were fuming about it for weeks!

mandy moo
15-09-2009, 12:22 PM
How annoying and upsetting for everyone.

I had a really annoying thing a few years ago. It was a little girl's 3rd birthday & mum asked if I would do a party for her as her only friends then were the other minded children. She kept on about how she'd provide party bags, party food, balloons, prizes for games etc. She even asked me which other children would be here so she's get stuff for the right age.

The children were so excited about it & the other parents sent birthday cards & presents. We made hats, place mats & decorations. On the day, the mum turned up with a cake & a packet of mini Milky Way!! I said that I thought she was providing other stuff, but she said she hadn't had time to get anything (she'd asked me about 2 months earlier & didn't actually work - just sent daughter to me for a break!)

I had to send one of my sons to the shop for party food & go hunting round for suitable prizes for games. I even sent goody bags home as I was embarrassed that the other parents had sent presents thinking their children were coming for a party.
I took loads of photos of the day & put them all in a book for the little girl to take home. I didn't get any thanks for the party or for that, though she did send thank you letters to the other parents!

I hope you gave her the bill!!!

Playmate
15-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Its a good job we do this for the love of the children and not their parents!

Have to be honest having a string of good luck with lovely aprreciative parents at the moment, but certainly had my fill of inconsideration in the past :D

Nicky
15-09-2009, 12:54 PM
I always maintain, the kids arent the problem!

Parents think we are mind readers ......"oh didn't I tell you!!" If I had a pound for everytime a parent said that to me I would be very wealthy!

~Chelle~
15-09-2009, 09:20 PM
I always maintain, the kids arent the problem!

Parents think we are mind readers ......"oh didn't I tell you!!" If I had a pound for everytime a parent said that to me I would be very wealthy!

I love the one "oh I thought you would have assumed" I assume nothing unless I am acutually TOLD - I am a childminder not a mindreader!!!:mad:

emmadines
15-09-2009, 11:10 PM
hummm well we obviousely have alife os things can be arranged without informing those who actually look after their children!