PDA

View Full Version : Is it really necessary?

Bendy
14-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Hi

I've read a few previous posts about notify your mortgage company the fact that you are minding.

I'm still not clear as to whether it is a legal requirement. I've only heard about it on this forum nobody has mentioned it to me at any of the courses I've been on.

My mortgage is with Alliance & Leciester I was not working at the time we took it out so it is only based on my husbands earnings.

Has anyone on this forum got a mortgage with Alliance & Leciester and notified them . I would be interested in what they had to say in other words did it cause any problems? I'm frightened to contact them in case they say that my running a business from home is not within the conditions of my mortgage.

Sorry I hope this makes sense. Thanks for reading. :)

Chatterbox Childcare
14-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Yes you need to. Check your documents and you will fnd a clause in there about running a business from home. Don't forget the insurance company too.

suez
14-09-2009, 02:57 PM
i didnt realise that either how would that work then if it does state you couldnt run a buisness from home?

sarah707
14-09-2009, 04:49 PM
My mortgage company increased the payments slightly when I told them I ran a business... also the buildings insurance went up as that is through them.

You need to tell them though or you will not be covered if something goes wrong.

Hth :D

tinkerbelle
14-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Hi

I've read a few previous posts about notify your mortgage company the fact that you are minding.

I'm still not clear as to whether it is a legal requirement. I've only heard about it on this forum nobody has mentioned it to me at any of the courses I've been on.

My mortgage is with Alliance & Leciester I was not working at the time we took it out so it is only based on my husbands earnings.

Has anyone on this forum got a mortgage with Alliance & Leciester and notified them . I would be interested in what they had to say in other words did it cause any problems? I'm frightened to contact them in case they say that my running a business from home is not within the conditions of my mortgage.

Sorry I hope this makes sense. Thanks for reading. :)

i have a mortgage with alliance and leicster and they had no problems at all with me minding when we moved house we kept our mortgage with them and all the forms say self employed child minder and not a problem

Bendy
14-09-2009, 05:53 PM
i have a mortgage with alliance and leicster and they had no problems at all with me minding when we moved house we kept our mortgage with them and all the forms say self employed child minder and not a problem

Thanks tinkerbelle you have put my mind a rest. I will call them tomorrow.

Just to add another spanner to the works I've also read that if you run a business from home you need to notify your local council planning department. I've also been told there maybe a charge for this.

Has anyone else come across this or know what I'm talking about.:confused:

sarah707
14-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Yes, that's right!

If you have more than the usual 6 children on your certificate you need planning permission first.

:D

Bendy
14-09-2009, 06:09 PM
Thanks Sarah and everyone who has replied.

I don't know what I would do without you all :jump for joy: