PDA

View Full Version : Fed Up

katie0183
26-02-2008, 04:04 PM
I didnt really know where to post this so hopefully it's just in the General

Had an interview last week for a 9 month old baby and havent heard anything and am convinced that i didnt get it. Cant find mums tel no. either and well i have no other enquiries... luckily i have a part time job until i childmind but its driving me up the wall! I just so.. want to childmind ....
Any ideas on how to get me more out there and get the enquiries coming in?

Kate

cherry
26-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Hi Kate

Sorry to hear you're feeling fed up, I've got a lot of vacancies at the moment so I've gone round to all the local schools,playgroups and Mums and Tots and put my cards up, I've also made a large advert that I put in my car window every time I park and also a little one that stays in the side window. I bought a badge from NCMA which reads Registered Childminder and wear that on my coat.
You can get business cards free from Vistaprint, all you have to do is pay for postage.

Hope this helps. :)

littlesprogs
26-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Have a look round the forum there is loads of information around of how to get yourself noticed

Heaven Scent
26-02-2008, 04:27 PM
I got cards printed off and did a mail shot sure start will give you cards also and keep in touch with CIs and call them regularly to tell them you have vacancies each time you call your name goes back to the top of the list of childminders keep an eye on the list and if yours moves down give them a call join a childminding group, put a small poster up in playgroups and health centres the list goes on and on . I got some of mine from CIS list and the rest from my cards.:idea:
Celine

yummymummy
26-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Hi katie,
I'm fairly close to you in the Sutton area and have found it really hard to find mindees. Not sure if your area is as swamped with nurseries and wraparound as us but it is a real problem. Do you have a child at a local school? I have picked up a lot of work over the years from recommendation through the school (daughter now in year 6 so not for much longer!) Ask in the nursery if you can put an ad up on the noticeboard or does the PTA have a newsletter you could advertise in?
In reality nearly all my work comes from CIS I'm sure you have already advertised there but keep in touch with them. Last of all don't lose heart, if childminding is what you want to do something will come along. I recently had a mum resign from work leaving me two short in 4 weeks and this week another family of two have come along to replace them. Whatever you decide good luck:)

Monkey1
26-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Dont worry babe, it will happen, just give it time!

sarah707
26-02-2008, 07:09 PM
I just put this on tonight... hope there is something in here that will help! :D

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4171

angeldelight
26-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Some good advice from everyone

Just wanted to say good luck and hope something comes along soon

Angel xx

deeb66
26-02-2008, 07:13 PM
I am sure the enquiries will start coming in soon

Good luck

Banana
26-02-2008, 07:55 PM
hope the phone starts ringing for you soon!

xx

miffy
26-02-2008, 08:45 PM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your phone starts ringing soon

Sorry you're fed up but i'm sure things will change

miffy xx

chelle
26-02-2008, 09:56 PM
I just put this on tonight... hope there is something in here that will help! :D

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4171

thanks sarah this is really helpful i am definetley going to try some of the websites:) chelle.

cathchad
28-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Thanks for that Sarah!!!There are some great idea here...
I too am struggling to fill places,i have had 1 full timer leave as mum having baby...have really felt it financially as it was over £100 a week!!!
Got a lady coming to check me out this afternoon with a 10 month old baby, hopefully to start in April 2 full days a week....figer and everything else crossed!!
cath.xx

peggy
28-02-2008, 08:30 PM
I didnt really know where to post this so hopefully it's just in the General

Had an interview last week for a 9 month old baby and havent heard anything and am convinced that i didnt get it. Cant find mums tel no. either and well i have no other enquiries... luckily i have a part time job until i childmind but its driving me up the wall! I just so.. want to childmind ....
Any ideas on how to get me more out there and get the enquiries coming in?

Kate

Hi Katie, have you met up with any other childminders in your area yet? Most of my enquiries come from CIS website and through other minders.

peggy
28-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Hi Katie, have you met up with any other childminders in your area yet? Most of my enquiries come from CIS website and through other minders.

Ooooh I've just realised where you are! I'm very local to you...(Banstead) pm me your vacancy details and your number if i get anything I cant fulfil, i'll gladly pass them your way!