PDA

View Full Version : hep me!! laminator jam!!!

mammumof4
14-09-2009, 11:34 AM
:eek: was just laminating some words to make a matching game and instead of coming out the other end the paper has rolled its self around the rollers in the machine :rolleyes: can this be fixed or do i have to spend more money on a new one, i havent had it long. it only cost around a tenner from wilkos maybe i should have payed more for a better one:censored:

Polly2
14-09-2009, 11:38 AM
This happened to my laminator - also from wilkos! but I was trying to laminate autumn leaves which were a bit bulky :o

I managed to grab a bit of the sheet and pull it out - it was a struggle but it came out ok and still works.

amirose
14-09-2009, 12:01 PM
This happened to mine a couple of days ago, I unplugged it and got a sharp knife (everyone is now going :eek: - but it WAS unplugged!!!!) and managed to pull it out but only from the end where it comes out doesn't work if you try and do it from the end it goes in :thumbsup:

Oh and it still works just fine :clapping:

mammumof4
14-09-2009, 12:07 PM
ive just tryed to pull it out but so far not having any luck. better have another go! im temped to take it apart! :panic: maybe when i havent got any kids in the house!! :D

grindal
14-09-2009, 12:49 PM
I'm with Amirose. I jammed mine, well I think I glued it together actually by laminating before the glue was dry. Anyway, when unplugged, but still hot I poked around with a sharp knife and managed to flick enough bits out to get it going again.. It took ages though. When I had finished I put some clean card through a few times before I trusted it again!!

TheBTeam
14-09-2009, 12:57 PM
My husband has twice had to take ours apart to get a stuck piece out, it seems a quirk of the dreaded laminator, but when put back together it still worked.

bibi571
14-09-2009, 01:00 PM
I'm just stitting here going - ooooooh! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I hate sharp knifes! Rather you lot that me. I can't even cut onions - had to buy Delia's mini chopper - lol! :blush: Good luck with the machines.

Barbara :littleangel: