PDA

View Full Version : tidy up song

It's a small world
14-09-2009, 09:13 AM
Trying to encourage tidying up...sing tidy up put away ready for another day....

Does anyone know any other good songs that might help with toddlers???

Pudding Girl
14-09-2009, 09:28 AM
I adopted an idea that my mindee's nursery used, it can be any piece of music but always the exact same piece, they had this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doujhGmCwbY

:clapping:

the kids loved it and it's a full 5 mins so ample time :) it's very funky too so we (I) have a bop while we tidy ;) :thumbsup:

singlewiththree
14-09-2009, 09:29 AM
We use a song that was cbeebies when it first started.

Tidy up tidy up put the toys away
put the toys in the box for another day

we also use a Barney song

Clean up clean up everybody everywhere
clean up clean up everybody do your share.

Lady Haha
14-09-2009, 09:44 AM
I used to use a song my son's nursery used for him at home too when he was three/four yrs old. It was the song from Snow White, Whistle While You Work. I was shown it in practice when I went to visit the nursery and was amazed!!! It was as if Paul McKenna had hypnotised the kids! As soon as they put it on, the kids immediately stopped what they were doing and started tidying up! It worked at home too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f****h1GTmY (apologies for the naughty word in this link!!!:littleangel: )

Sadie's Mum
14-09-2009, 11:08 AM
We use this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b4gSs0KhIU

The kids all love it and start putting toys away as soon as they hear it, they sing along and try to get everything put away before the song finishes so that they can dance to the rest of the song.

My daughter's old pre-school used to have the mission impossible theme as their tidy up music :laughing:

samgeordie
14-09-2009, 11:58 AM
my new mindee taught us a song last week

it uses the same tune as the farmers in his den, the farmers in his den song

Its time to tidy up, its time to tidy up
Lets put the toys away
its time to tidy up

nice and easy for everyone to remember

louise
14-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Toddler group have just started to use the barney song. Its working really well apart from my mindee who just dances to it but then she is 15 months.

Twinkles
14-09-2009, 12:04 PM
The nursery where one of my mindees used to go played the tune to Mission Impossible when it was tidy up time :laughing:

Stanfield
14-09-2009, 12:25 PM
my new mindee taught us a song last week

it uses the same tune as the farmers in his den, the farmers in his den song

Its time to tidy up, its time to tidy up
Lets put the toys away
its time to tidy up

nice and easy for everyone to remember

I like this one!!! My son loves tractors, farms obviously linked into this so hope it does the trick ??!!;)

Alibali
14-09-2009, 07:24 PM
We use the Barney one too, I like the farmers in the den idea though:thumbsup:

Daddy Day Care
14-09-2009, 07:28 PM
I have to sing the song from wonder pets when we tidy up, drives me crazy but daughter loves it and sons started to join in as well now

Whats going to work? teammmm work

we have to do that over and over agin utill its all away :panic:

sweets
14-09-2009, 07:38 PM
my neice's nursery used to put flight of the bumble bee at tidy up time:laughing:

kindredspirits
14-09-2009, 07:40 PM
i don't get my mindees to tidy up - think i'll start! :thumbsup:

nic76
14-09-2009, 08:03 PM
i always tidy up when they are gone as it varies on time and i wouldnt want it tidy and kids waiting for mum and no toys out.lol look like i dont play with them all day

It's a small world
14-09-2009, 08:44 PM
I like this one!!! My son loves tractors, farms obviously linked into this so hope it does the trick ??!!;)

I like this one too

FussyElmo
14-09-2009, 08:47 PM
I have to sing the song from wonder pets when we tidy up, drives me crazy but daughter loves it and sons started to join in as well now

we have to do that over and over agin utill its all away :panic:

Thank you now I have this in my head. My ds loves it too - me I can't do with it but then again I seem to have it in for most childrens tv at the moment.

Stanfield
14-09-2009, 08:49 PM
The Farmers in his den

I like this one too

I tried it this afternoon, my son LOVED the song so much that he ended up getting his musical instruments out and blowing the recorder to it ... not the desired effect!!!:p

Daddy Day Care
14-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Thank you now I have this in my head. My ds loves it too - me I can't do with it but then again I seem to have it in for most childrens tv at the moment.

Tell me about it, I try and spend most of the day outside of the house just to get away from it, but wonder pets is by far the worst. Everytime it comes on telly I soooo wanna grab a spade and whack them time and time again over the head with it :blush:

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrr

Gareth
xx

sweets
14-09-2009, 08:52 PM
i always tidy up when they are gone as it varies on time and i wouldnt want it tidy and kids waiting for mum and no toys out.lol look like i dont play with them all day

but tidying up is a life skill that children need to learn! when they have gone home i want to sit down for a bit, not start tidying up. we always tidy up together about 30 mins before mums are due then have stories while we wait. sometimes i may leave a set out like the train track for the next day and they play with that. i find that it winds the day up rather than them being engrossed in something and havung to leave it when parents come.

allinatiz
14-09-2009, 10:48 PM
We sing the song from Doodle Do when we tidy up.