PDA

View Full Version : Oh my goodness...

OoopsyDaisy
14-09-2009, 05:54 AM
Ok, so its been well over a week since I was last here as I do not have the time to breathe!...I started minding last Monday, I have 5 altogether, 2 my own and 1 under 5, and 2 over 5...I am exhausted!! It is much, much fun and has been very challenging, to say the least! The lo is very clingy to her elder sister and is so grumpy when she is tired so its a huge shock to the system, as my two boys are, well, just boys!

I am constantly worrying though, that I am not doing enough with them or that I shouldn't be doing things, like the washing up, for example. I have them from 7am to 6.30pm and I am struggling to get into a routine, hopefully this week we will find our feet a little bit.

We have been to a toddler Music group, two soft play centres and visited our local airport! as the lo loves planes, then we made a model aeroplane! We have also finger painted, made a get well card for mummy, and she helps me lay the table for dinner! Does it sound ok? Am I on the right track?

I have also, not put a pen to paper in over a week, Im scared that I have not even looked at the SEF, I need someone here to help me!! Any offers!!

Anyway, I am off to put my slap on and make myself look half decent before the kiddies arrive! Have a good day everyone! :jump for joy: xx

sarah707
14-09-2009, 06:41 AM
Sounds like you are doing just great! :D

Demonjill
14-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Phew try to relax lol - im sure it will get much easier as you all settle into a routine.:thumbsup:

Well done so far!

Just jot down a few notes as the day goes on - you can always sort it out in more deatil when you get a mo.

You are enjoying it and thats the main thing!:D

sophiestars
14-09-2009, 09:20 PM
It sounds fun at your place and I don't think you have anything to worry about as far as doing the right thing. You are following their interests and giving them a varied day which is great.

As far as the washing up goes, it's your house after all and if you are working such long hours there are going to be times when you have no choice but to do a bit of housework - not a major spring clean or anything but little bits and pieces (like the washing up or a bit of hoovering) to keep the place ticking over while the mindees are there. I am always sweeping up mess and crumbs from lunch etc or wiping up after activities. I also manage to get some washing on the line if the weather's nice as I don't have a tumble dryer. It's usually when the children are happily playing outside anyway and sometimes the older ones want to help with the pegs etc. You can always get them involved in things like washing up if they are old enough, cleaning toys in a bowl of soapy water etc. All part of learning and being in a home environment!

As far as paperwork goes, give yourself a couple of weeks to get settled in a routine and get to know the children then you can make little observations - just a post it note size is fine to start with and take it from there.

Don't try to do it all at once, it will all fall into place just have fun!:)