PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone any experience of the Gordon Brown Centre? Urgent help needed if so!

miss mopple
13-09-2009, 06:39 PM
DD1 is going there on a school residential trip tomorrow and a friend has just said to me that they will be sleeping on a wooden floor in the teepee

Nothing has been mentioned about this to us by the school and tbh, if its trues I am absolutely livid The kids are only 9 and while I am all for a bit of character building I dont think that for 2 nights thats acceptable :mad:

We havent been asked to provide roll mats (so I assumed the centre would) , but we have one as we go camping so I want to put that in for her but I have a horrid feeling the school wont let her as she will be the only one with one.

Does anyone know for sure if thats what they do on residentials? Im really worried she will be uncomfortable and miserable and it'll ruin the experience for her

I'm going to call the headmistress first thing tomorrow to see if thats the case (and rant at her if it is :angry: )

Am I being unreasonable?

FussyElmo
13-09-2009, 06:44 PM
No experiance of that centre but if it like anywhere like my dd is going to next weekend cant see them making them sleep on the hard floor the girls will be sleeping in a barn.

However she has been told she has to get up at 5oclock to clean the centre, they are only fed one meal a day!!!

Check with you teacher first all the children who have been to ours have raved about it so dd is very excited. Do you have any feedback from previous trips.

miss mopple
13-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Thanks. I'll be phonong the centre and the school first thing tomorrow. Its the first time the school has done a residential there so no feedback unfortunately and cant get much info from the website :rolleyes:

mandy moo
15-09-2009, 01:06 PM
How did the trip go, was everything ok?

miss mopple
15-09-2009, 01:42 PM
She's not back yet (they are staying for 2 nights). Apparently the centre were providing foam mats so I was panicking over nothing :blush:

Its really odd without her here. DH and I were both a bit lost without her, although not having to spend the evening nagging her to do homework/ feed hammy etc was quite pleasant ;)

mandy moo
16-09-2009, 09:37 AM
She's not back yet (they are staying for 2 nights). Apparently the centre were providing foam mats so I was panicking over nothing :blush:

Its really odd without her here. DH and I were both a bit lost without her, although not having to spend the evening nagging her to do homework/ feed hammy etc was quite pleasant ;)

yep know that one, my 11 yr old goes away with school week after next (this is the second time for him) No squabbling bettween him and his brother is great, but I didnt think Id miss him but I did..terribly!! strange coz I couldnt wait for him to leave..:blush: