PDA

View Full Version : changes to registration -

zoex
13-09-2009, 05:53 PM
ok, i currently am allowed to care for 3 children under 8, only 1 can be under 5 and none under 1, because i have 2 children of my own who are 9 months and 3.

i have a 4 year old in full time school bur she will be 5 in october.

i had a vist on friday for a mum who has 2 childre. both girls, one is 20 months and the other 4 but again in full time school. she will be 5 in march.

therefore i have written a letter to ofsted asking if i can change my reg details to allow me to have the girls as the oldest child will be 5 in march and then my number will be fine :)

just wondered if anyone else has had to write off to ofsted and how they got on?

Thank you :)

sarah707
13-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Variations are taking up to 6 weeks at the moment I believe.

I'd start chasing it up tomorrow!

Good luck :D

Minstrel
13-09-2009, 06:21 PM
I dont think you needed to write to ofsted as you dont need a change to your registration.

The eldest, because she is in full time school , will be counted as an over 5. Should be explained on your reg cert underneath where it tells you how many children you can look after.

HTH

zoex
13-09-2009, 06:26 PM
IT SAYS ON MY CERT, MAY CARE FOR NO MORE THAN 3 CHILDREN UNDER 8; OF THESE NOT MORE THAN 1 MAY BE IN THE EARLY YEARS AGE GROUP, AND OF THESE NONE MAYBE UNDER 1 YEARS AT ANY ONE TIME.

I THOUGHT EARLY YEARS AGE GROUP WAS 0-5, IF THEY ARE IN FULL TIME SCHOOL OR NOT?? :blush: AM I WRONG??

zoex
13-09-2009, 06:32 PM
sorrt about the CAPS i didnt look up!

also says at the bottom, early years age group is children aged from birth to 31st august after their fifth birthday!!

now im really confussed coz that would mean i can only have the child i have at the mo :( oh no this is not good!

Tired
13-09-2009, 06:35 PM
I think 4 year olds in full time school are counted as early years for EYFS, i.e. you have to do it until 31st August after they are 5, but counted as over 5 for ratios.

zoex
13-09-2009, 06:39 PM
oh i really hope your right leanne coz i cant live on the money i earn from 1 school age child til next sept :(
that sounds ok that id have to do eyfs til aug tho, which i fine, but i need her to count in my over 5 ratio too :)

thanks sarah, they dont want the space till beg of noember so plenty of time :)

margimum
13-09-2009, 06:48 PM
You will be within your numbers taking on both new children.
a child in full time school (10 sessions a week) is classed as being in the 5-8 group for your registration. They will still comw under EYFS but school will do most of it.
You don't need a variation for these children.
However you will probably need a glass of wine at the end of the day:laughing:

zoex
13-09-2009, 06:56 PM
You will be within your numbers taking on both new children.
a child in full time school (10 sessions a week) is classed as being in the 5-8 group for your registration. They will still comw under EYFS but school will do most of it.
You don't need a variation for these children.
However you will probably need a glass of wine at the end of the day:laughing:

omg really!!! am i just being think then? :blush:

how do you kno this? i dont mean to be rude by saying that, i just wondered where it says that this is the case.

i have just been sat here really worried that i wouldnt be allowed anymore!
i like the idea of a gless of wine at the end of the day :)

margimum
13-09-2009, 07:10 PM
It is definately true, honest!
Children at full time school are called rising 5's and are counted in your over 5 group.
If you phone Ofsted they will confirm this for you.
I'm sure a moderator for the site will be along soon to confirm for you too.
Enjoy being busy!!:)

zoex
13-09-2009, 07:15 PM
thank you so much thats fantastic news!!! im sooooo happy about this i could cry!! lol.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

margimum
13-09-2009, 07:31 PM
I'll remember you said that when you're on here complaining you're exhausted::laughing: :laughing:

nic76
13-09-2009, 07:35 PM
i get confused with all these ages aswell. hope it works out for you. can i just ask a question ...

my youngest son has turned 6 in jult so will that change my ratios of younger ones. at the momnet i can have 3 under 5 of which no more than 1 under 1

mrsgreen
13-09-2009, 07:35 PM
hey, yep i have a four year old in nursary and she is classed as a over 5 when she attends reception all day. i asked ofsted 2 weeks ago when i had my inspection. she said i dont need to write and let them know.
so go for it!;)

margimum
13-09-2009, 07:52 PM
Nic76, you have the usual maximum of 3 under 5's on your certificate. your child is already in your over 5 category so you can't take on any extra.
The usual maximum total children under 8 is 6 including your own children, although they do not actually appear at all on your registration certificate

hth:)

nic76
13-09-2009, 07:56 PM
ahhh thankyou