PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in or near Warrington?

Alibali
13-09-2009, 05:47 PM
After a wee bit advice, my niece lives in Warrington and has asked me for advice as she is thinking of becoming a childminder. As I live in Scotland I know what we have to do but know it is different in England.

Does this sound right: Attend a briefing session, attend ICP course, Ofsted come out to do pre reg, attain first aid certificate?

Also wondering if I could be cheeky and ask of the average fee for that area? I know she can check childcare info service, but thought this would be quicker:)

Thanks

manjay
13-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Sorry I'm not much help. The only time I get to Warrington is to go to Ikea:D

I do think I have noticed a member recently who lives there. Hope they will be along soon and they can let you know the process in that area

sarah707
13-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Me!

Attend a briefing session - yes,

attend ICP course - yes it's called ICC in Cheshire - Introduction to Childminding Cheshire and it usually goes on for 6 sessions,

Ofsted come out to do pre reg - yes you get your forms for Ofsted when you have finished your pre-reg course,

attain first aid certificate - Yes that will probably be part of the ICC or it might be after ICC has finished

Medical checks and CRB go off with the inspector at the end of your pre-reg interview.

CRBs for everyone over 16 in the household - those are holding things up at the moment as they are taking a while to go through I believe. It depends on how busy the police man is when they land on his desk.

for fees advice she needs to have a nosey on www.*************.co.uk - follow the map to her area and look at other childminder's listings.

There is at least one other member who comes from Warrington but she's on holiday at the moment.

She is welcome to email me! :D

merry
14-09-2009, 06:35 AM
I'm in Warrington and charge £3 per hour, this is average for my area, seems throughout Warrington charges vary between £3-4. After things being very quiet for a long time, I'm now full and turning people away. Parents have told me that they're having trouble finding anyone to take on babies and pre-schoolers, I've turned down work like this myself because I don't want the extra EYFS paperwork.

:)

Alibali
14-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Thanks for your replies, looks like I'll have good news to tell her then!

Beckieboo
15-09-2009, 05:22 AM
Hi, Im in warrington too! It does seem to be £3.00 to £4.00 on avarage, i charge £31.50 per day! Good luck to ure niece!! :)

Alibali
15-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Hi, Im in warrington too! It does seem to be £3.00 to £4.00 on avarage, i charge £31.50 per day! Good luck to ure niece!! :)

Thank you:thumbsup: