PDA

View Full Version : next question :)

Pippa31
13-09-2009, 05:37 PM
What sort of things do you guys do with after school children? Other then feed them :)

Comments belows please :)

FussyElmo
13-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Depends if it is nice than we are outside playing anything they wants usually some digging game at the mo - think the older children love the sand pit more than the babies:laughing:

If they have been good they are allowed on the wii for half an hour.

Mine will join in with any arts and crafts which we are doing!!!!

If I am feeling particullary brainy I will help them with their homework or switch the computer on so they can reseach :)

suzyblue
14-09-2009, 08:39 AM
My after schoolers usually have ideas of there own and then I expand on this and offer the equipment needed (ie camp building) I always try to get them in the garden as they are able to make a lot more noise and the extra space helps their play. Some days though if they are tired they stay in and do quiet activities. I used to feel guilty about this but they are old enough to decide for themselves and as long as they have choices and know what resources are available I think you should just go along with the flow. We build our relationship on talking and can have lots of fun just being silly and making up crazy scenarios. Have fun and enjoy your schoolers, they can be lots of help too :)
Sue x

SandCastles
14-09-2009, 11:42 AM
They love being outside in the garden, just playing football or catch, I don't give them much food, just a snack as their parents need them nice and hungry for their tea, its been tricky thinking of what to give them, but an ice cream or fruit salad normally does the trick. When the weather turns dull they can do the crafts that the lo have been doing during the day (I leave everything out for them to see what we have been doing) or watch some TV.

mississmoomoo
14-09-2009, 07:37 PM
I go with free play as they have usually had a busy day at school so the choice is usually theirs.