PDA

View Full Version : HOW ORGANISED IS EVERYONE

It's a small world
13-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Just starting out and feel like I have paperwork all over the show..trying to organise everything but find have several items abot same thing and wonder what to keep what not to. Currently have 2 bags of paperwork going through tonight to see if I will ever get organised......paperwork never ending...

FussyElmo
13-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Very very organised everything has a place and paperwork is updated when it is needed :laughing: :laughing: oks that how I imagine my paperwork to be the reality is its everywhere. A drawer here and in the storeroom. Loads of files boxes everywhere. All over my computer desk. Anywhere I can put it where dh wont throw a paddy:blush:

Dont think I will ever get it organised - dread to think whats in boxes in the loft :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sarah707
13-09-2009, 04:53 PM
It comes with time.

mine now works for me... that's the most important.

Buy a load of files and label them all up...

Risk assessments

Keeping children healthy

Outside play

Accounts

Portfolio

Children's individual files - one each...

Ok, possibly, perhaps I might be just a little OCD with it all :cool:

uf353432
13-09-2009, 05:12 PM
I'm a bit OCD as well actually and have quite a few files. I have one box file next to my desk which I fill up with stuff that comes in - and when I can't close it I go through and bin or deal with the contents. Some stuff stays in there till next time if I am not sure if I should do something with it.

Thing is I have very limited space to keep paperwork - so I try and stay organised as much is practical and keep on top of it with regular purges.

I think if you have good systems it makes working easier - but quite often as Sarah says these develop over time.

It's a small world
13-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Im normally quite organised but what with working evenings at the mo its difficult as ds wants to help but ends up scrunching all the paperwork if I do it in the day. Only working one day this week so hope to get on top of things. Can I ask a question I have an individual file for each child 'all about me' has obs/learning journal/wow moments/photos / likes&dislikes etc do you keep all childs personal details ie: medical info/emergency contact etc in the same file or a seperate one (can all ermegency contacts-personal details for each child go in one folder wih dividers for confidentiality and easy to open up on childs page if need to refer without disclosing any info about other children???

wheres the best place for things to go?????? thought I was getting there.. got loads of files and tried to put them in some order but think Ive put things in the wrong file.. hows best to file things??? SORRY SO MANY QUESTIONS but thats how I will learn.. an your all soooooooooo goood:blush:

Lady Haha
13-09-2009, 08:52 PM
It comes with time.

Risk assessments

Keeping children healthy

Outside play

Accounts

Portfolio

:rolleyes: That pretty much sounds like what I have going on! I also have a big file for keeping evidence of me meeting the different areas/themes whatever you call them for the EYFS! With a divider for each one.....

Planning files, obs files....

Oh and lets not forget the new files I have started up for my 'Sarahs E-books' all printed out now!

zillervalley
13-09-2009, 08:57 PM
i have loads of files two

individual files for mindees
planning file
policy files

file that i showed ofsted with all my policies and consent forms etc

it works for me

julie w
13-09-2009, 09:04 PM
I'm desperately trying. I've bought the files but ended up in tears surrounded by papers . Extreme I know, but so tired after a hectic week. I am making sure I have nothing planned next weekend and I will devote it to paperwork. I am so behind with everything, its like a viscious (sp) circle. The longer I leave it, the less I can face it. Ofsted would faint if they sprang a suprise visit on me (do they read this ??:panic: lol)

tammerisk
13-09-2009, 09:11 PM
well for the past three weeks i have had half my corner sofa taken up by paper work and course work and i will be so glad when 11 am tommorrow come s as it will all be gone as i have finished my nvq and she will be taking it all then!!

It's a small world
13-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Well Ive been meaning to for a while and Ive just purchased some books from Sarah in the hope that I can get more organised...

Something to keep you busy Sarah lol

Off to bed ...night night everyone....

mississmoomoo
13-09-2009, 09:24 PM
I have the tool kit box from NCMA, its ideal as it comes with dividers already labelled for accounts, contracts, child record forms, accident & incident, attendance records and spare dividers for each child.

sarah707
14-09-2009, 06:46 AM
Well Ive been meaning to for a while and Ive just purchased some books from Sarah in the hope that I can get more organised...

Something to keep you busy Sarah lol

Off to bed ...night night everyone....

Ahhh! I wondered if that was you!

Yes I sent them last night thank you very much xx :D

rickysmiths
14-09-2009, 06:49 AM
It comes with time.

Risk assessments

Keeping children healthy

Outside play

Accounts

Portfolio

Hope you have one for the shelf that all you files are on. :laughing:

sarah707
14-09-2009, 07:21 AM
Hope you have one for the shelf that all you files are on. :laughing:

:laughing:

Of course!

It says that the shelving unit is attached to the wall so there is no risk of them falling on children's heads should they be climbed :D

Pudding Girl
14-09-2009, 08:59 AM
I'm getting there after 2 years!! I started off with everything loose on the shelves, then went onto storing i all in a box (or 5!) now it's all on top of my toy storage units in labelled box files and it works so much better for me. The only thing I've not managed to find a suitable storage thing for is all my receipts. They go into my wine rack holes in my kitchen units :blush:

I would love to have a lockable filing cabinet but I don't want want my home to look like an office as well as a nursery!!

Pudding Girl
14-09-2009, 09:01 AM
Can I ask a question I have an individual file for each child 'all about me' has obs/learning journal/wow moments/photos / likes&dislikes etc do you keep all childs personal details ie: medical info/emergency contact etc in the same file or a seperate one (can all ermegency contacts-personal details for each child go in one folder wih dividers for confidentiality and easy to open up on childs page if need to refer without disclosing any info about other children???

I bought a box file thing with a carry handle and a lockable lid on it, it has suspension files inside and each file is for a child, and the ex children go into one file at the back.