PDA

View Full Version : Had a few tears today

solly
13-09-2009, 12:59 PM
I have had a busy morning i am up early on a sunday as i have a horse, I got back from the yard and there was an envelope pushed through the door.

To cut along story short i have looked after a little girl since she was 4 months old and she is now 4 and has just started school. I had to make the hardest decision back in may and give this little girl notice.
I have only ever had her 2 1/2 days a week which added up to 12 hours but as she was starting school in september this was going down to 6 hours 4 mornings and just before school.

At the time of having J i also had another little girl E of similar age who started 3 months before J. E's mum has had a baby who i have 2 days a week and have E one morning and one afternoon but she goes to another school in the village so because of the times they go into school etc i couldn't do both as i don't drive and have to walk so had to think what was better for me as E's mum wanted both the children to go to the same minder.
I had to choose E because i was low on work and had a baby space.

Mum of J was upset to start with but i found her a lovely minder to go to who J knew very well so the transition has been really smooth and J's mum has asked if i could look after her occasionally which is fine by me and the other minder.

Back to what was in the envelope: There was a lovely card with a photo of me & J on her last day and a lovely reference/letter for my file this made me cry as the letter came from the heart and it said how much J loved coming to me and felt part of my family for the 4 years she has been coming to me. and how mum always had to do a detour when they were out so she could wave at the house, My daughter babysits for her and she still wants my daughter to do this, and how much she is going to miss us all

It certainly struck a cord and i only wish i could of been able to look after J & E and her brother as J & E are the best of friends.

Sorry for the long post but now i am all very emotional now

The Juggler
13-09-2009, 01:18 PM
that's what makes this job all worthwhile. how lovely of her mum.

LOL

Tam's Tribe
13-09-2009, 01:21 PM
ah that is lovely . . . you must be a fabulous person and wonderful CM.

Lovies
Tam
x

TheBTeam
13-09-2009, 01:39 PM
It is really nice when parents appreciate how you are with there children and are happy to show you!!

emler
13-09-2009, 02:13 PM
That's really lovely :)

sarah707
13-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Awww that's lovely! :D

charleyfarley
13-09-2009, 03:57 PM
That's really lovely :thumbsup: Shame you couldn't still have them but at least you'll still see them

Carol xx