PDA

View Full Version : quick advice needed !!!!

It's a small world
13-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Hi

I posted a thread on here the other day about parents visiting..and feel that a few people have slapped my wrist regarding my policies. People are saying this is not right and that I should print all policies and myself and parents sign each and everyone.

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=41435&highlight=parent+handbook

Basically parents get to read my policies and then tick and sign a form to say they have read and understood all my policies. If they are not happy with something then I have a comments box where we can discuss and review.If a parent requires certain policiy then I am happy to print a copy rather than print 30+ for them to be chucked somewhere and lost.

Now my dilema is my printer is broken . Would I be ok to give parents my policies book for them to take away and read and then get dh to print all policies on Monday so that they can then sign when I get my new copies through., Or am I still ok to do as I originally planned as everyone is different. If parents wish for a copy of only a couple of policies I am happy to sign ...but I am not the type of person who would amend things I am too honest.

Advice they are here in just over an hour.....

Spangles
13-09-2009, 01:01 PM
I haven't got time to read your link unfortunately but from what you've said I can't see the problem with what you are doing?

As long as you log which policies they've read, give them a reference number and get the parent to sign to say read, agreed and understood. Then when you update the policy it will have a different reference number and you would do the same again - it needs to be on file that they've had it to read and agree to it.

Could you e-mail them to the parents instead of print them? Lock the document somehow so they can't fiddle with it?

I just used to print the lot and give them to the parent so they had their own copy and get them to sign one sheet listing them all, referenced, to say they read, agreed and understood. Also had area for comments if they didn't agree and I would go from there.

Can understand if you don't want to print them all as there is rather a lot!

Hope I understood your message as I can't see the problem with what you plan to do?

It's a small world
13-09-2009, 01:09 PM
I haven't got time to read your link unfortunately but from what you've said I can't see the problem with what you are doing?

As long as you log which policies they've read, give them a reference number and get the parent to sign to say read, agreed and understood. Then when you update the policy it will have a different reference number and you would do the same again - it needs to be on file that they've had it to read and agree to it.

Could you e-mail them to the parents instead of print them? Lock the document somehow so they can't fiddle with it?

I just used to print the lot and give them to the parent so they had their own copy and get them to sign one sheet listing them all, referenced, to say they read, agreed and understood. Also had area for comments if they didn't agree and I would go from there.

Can understand if you don't want to print them all as there is rather a lot!

Hope I understood your message as I can't see the problem with what you plan to do?

Thanks i will do that.. if parents wish to have a full copy i am only happy to oblige but some don't and throw them away so back to square one. like I say Im honest and would never change a thing. What I will do is ask them would they like a full copy or just the odd ones. As there are quite a few and if they ask is it ok for them to take them away and spend time reading them
and bring them back next time or should i get them to read them here???

Thanks for you reply

Tam's Tribe
13-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Hi

Although I am only a newbie, I was told by Bradford Early Years and Mrs Ofsted (at my pre-reg visit) that it was OK to have a piece of paper with all the Policies and Procedures List on with a tick box and signature at the bottom for the parents (I date my P&P and the separate sheet).

As long as the parents have access to the P&P (either a file copy you have for them to read or a printed copy) . . . I dont think parents would thank you to have to sign 30ish P&Ps, it takes long enough to do the contracts, permissions and child record form.

One of my parents didnt want a hard copy so I emailed the P&P file to her (in pdf format) and the other parent did so I printed it off in black and white and put in the folder I gave her with her copies of contracts, permissions, child record, etc.

Also remember that if you update a P&P you need to reissue . . . personally, I am going to encourage parents to accept an email version of my P&P and I will photocopy the sheet where they sign acceptance for them. It costs alot to print a hard copy, not to mention all the trees we are killing.

I hope I have helped.

Good Luck!

Lovies
Tam
x

p.s. I only give P&Ps (email or hard copy) when the parents have signed the contract.

The Juggler
13-09-2009, 01:17 PM
you could let them read then offer to e-mail or have copies ready for next time? Also, I don't get any signed. I make sure all have a copy and tell them they need to read them before they sign a contract. I tell them by signing a contract with me they have agreed to my policies unless they raise and discuss any issues with me beforehand.

LOL

FussyElmo
13-09-2009, 01:19 PM
I dont think I have ever given a parent a copy of my policies. They sign a sheet to say they have read them and this is updated as and when the policies are renewed or updated.

I ask the parents if they would like a copy sent by email or on disc then it saves on paper and ink etc.

Kerrie do want suits you honey - we all work different no one is right or wrong on their business side of working things.

Good luck on your meeting if she has come to sign dont worry about not having a copy of your policies to hand out :)

lovemyprams
13-09-2009, 10:15 PM
My Network Co-ordinator told me to show all my policies to parents then have one sheet listing all policies and get parents to sign and date a copy of that. She said I was printing out far too many sheets of paper - two of each policy - one for parent to keep and one returned to me signed.

Far too much paper and ink! Like someone said do whats right for you.

Hope that makes sense!