PDA

View Full Version : Phil and Teds prams

lovemyprams
13-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Thinking about buying one of these. Saw one for sale yesterday in baby shop(brand new) for £362 inc double kit which I thought was great value. Have Jane tandem and Mothercare Urban Detour at the moment - both so heavy to lift in my car. 'Jane' heavy when turning corners with the two 'heavy' boys I mind at the moment so I am struggling. The Urban Detour is fantastic to push but heavy to lift in car and both prams will not fit into my 7 seater unless I take 1 seat out.

Do you think Phil and Teds are worth buying? Also, what is the difference between the E3 and Sport?

Many thanks if you can help! :)

Rubybubbles
13-09-2009, 02:06 PM
E3 is the old sport (I think lol)

I have a E3 and had it years, and def was worth the money! I paid £350 4 years ago, for my double, raincover and stuff:thumbsup:

wellybelly
13-09-2009, 02:32 PM
I bought a Phil and Teds TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and its being delivered tomorrow. I'm soooooo excited as Ive got 2 heavy old things I currently use. Can't waitto use it on my 2 toddlers who I have tomorrow for the school run.

PixiePetal
13-09-2009, 02:34 PM
I am looking to get a 3 wheel buggy, it needs to be good on rough paths in the country and also in town - would a P&T be up to it?

singlewiththree
13-09-2009, 03:55 PM
P&T are excellent for uneven pavements and rough terrain. The only down side I have to it is the older style E3 the back seat doesn't recline any so only suitable for older toddlers. The back seat does sit low so on very rough terrain it can catch. I would recommend mudguards if yours doesn't come with one too.

I must say I prefer my Jane Powertwin for about town and the Phil & Teds only when I have older toddlers or one that wants to walk every now and again, and to go down the canal or narrow pathways

jeanybeany
13-09-2009, 09:01 PM
I would get the sport version, make sure you have mudguards. It will fit in a 7 seater car (well fits in my zafira). It's fine on rough terrrain in my opinion. I could not be without mine now and since I got it nearly everyone at school has one now! Go on buy it, you won't regret it.

I love my p&t :D

lovemyprams
13-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Thank you to all who replied. :) Now I know that the E3 back seat doesnt recline and the Sport version does recline - I didnt know that! Must check which version it is before I get one. Good job I have a very patient husband who knows I love my prams!!!:rolleyes:

Yes I would def get the mud guards. Im getting so excited:D

'Singlewiththree' - you shouldnt have said that about the Jane Powertwin - I might have to keep that one too!

'jeanybeany' - pleased to hear it fits in your Zafira (we used to have one) but now have an Espace but still not huge boot space so I will have no worries there.

Thankyou - this site is fantastic.:clapping:

Pudding Girl
14-09-2009, 09:21 AM
www.kiddicare.com usually have fab package prices.