PDA

View Full Version : NVQ 3

mississmoomoo
13-09-2009, 08:57 AM
I really want to do NVQ 3, but not sure whats needed. I know I need a case study (mindee) that comes for at least 16 hours a week, but Im not sure what age they need to be between.

Any info is greatly appreciated:D

youarewhatyoueat
13-09-2009, 09:14 AM
The nvq3 is for all the ages between 0 - 16, you can pick the units to suit your age range that you currently have. the first 5 units are mandatory. if you google nvq3 ccld you can look at the choice. The assessor that will visit you will help you decide, good luck. It is not so much a case study of one child although one of the units you can do this, but it really covers everything from child development of all the age ranges right through all the legislation. If you want to know anything else just ask, but all companys do it very slightly different, i'm with aspiration training. There should be a web site of the company covering your area unless you are opting to go to college.

manjay
13-09-2009, 09:51 AM
I too would say find out how it is done in your area. I approached a local college and was accepted. The assessor came to visit me about once a month over the 9 months it took. Most of the requirements were already covered by my policies and procedures and she did some observations with me. I did very little extra written work. However listening to some on here it can be done in very different ways. My college also required that I had been working with the children for 6 months before I started

mississmoomoo
13-09-2009, 11:42 AM
OK thats great, I was wanted to enrol for next September so it should fit quite well as I will have been childminding a year then.