PDA

View Full Version : tree?

mushpea
12-09-2009, 10:59 AM
we are doing autumn for the next few weeks and i wanted to make a huge tree to go on the wall that they could decorate, was going to use loo roll tubes to paint brown and make the trunk but what can i use for the branches?
also except leaves and autumn type animals what else can i decorate it with to do with autumn

sweets
12-09-2009, 11:03 AM
ive done something similar, me and my 3 year old mindee made a big tree to stick on the wall, he cut lots of strips of brown paper to stick on for the branches and over the autumn we are going to make and find lots of different knds of leaves to stick on.

You could use small twigs to stick on as branches and bits of bark to go on the trunk.

Zoomie
12-09-2009, 11:54 AM
rolled up sheets of newspaper for branches. you can vary the length and thicknesses accordingly and they paint well too ??

rickysmiths
12-09-2009, 03:23 PM
I have used some of the brown paper packing that companies like Lakeland use when they send out an order. It is long and scrunched up.

sarah707
12-09-2009, 04:15 PM
We are going to be using the brown paper that wrapped up our Tesco order the other day! :D

madasahatter
12-09-2009, 05:13 PM
If you are sticking twigs, conkers, helicopters, acorns etc to a collage it can really help if you mix some flour into your PVA glue to make it thicker. Turns it into something that is closer to a paste/filler consistency which holds heavy or unusually shaped 3D items to your collage paper better.

mushpea
13-09-2009, 09:23 AM
If you are sticking twigs, conkers, helicopters, acorns etc to a collage it can really help if you mix some flour into your PVA glue to make it thicker. Turns it into something that is closer to a paste/filler consistency which holds heavy or unusually shaped 3D items to your collage paper better.

oh thats handy to know thanks, yes was gonna stick stuff like that on to it,

and we got some of the brown paper in our tescos order, will have to rescue it from the babys box though cause the 9month old had great fun with it the other day!!

Rubybubbles
13-09-2009, 03:05 PM
paint hand prints and stick them up like leaves