PDA

View Full Version : I am now a very happy chidminder

Shirlwith3
12-09-2009, 06:15 AM
After starting minding 2 1/2yrs ago I am now really enjoying my job I currently care for the following

L 9months old mon-fri, 7.30- 5.30 but goes home by 5.15 most day
C is nearly 3yrs old mon -Thu 7.30-5pm Fri 7.30-1.30pm
P 14months mon -Thu 7.30-5pm Fri 7.30-1.30pm

I must say they are all fantastic, little L is small for his age & has delayed developemently as he does not sit or weight bear (in away he is very much like my yougnest dd she was the same)mum is waiting on the results from the hospital about him, but he is a really happy little boy. C& P are sisters & they are also very good C will walk the 15-20min walk to dd school & back again without complaining, funny really as when it was still the holidays she would hardly touch her food so she would have no pudding but now she eats it all. P is a very happy little girl the good thing is she can walk comfidently.

Oh I nearly forgot I got a call this week from Ofsted about my varitation request on the 18th Aug & my complaint email I sent on the 5th Sept as they left it to the last minute to tell me that my request was granted. Well they called to say "how sorry that I was messed around so much ( I phoned & meailed many times) & that I should not have had to wait that long to get an answer", he did say that they found over the years that it would be better to have a central department for variation department which is what they did over the holidays but that was not a excuse as to why I should have been treated like this.

christine e
12-09-2009, 06:30 AM
Glad to hear things are going well for you

Christine

Demonjill
12-09-2009, 06:39 AM
Fab!!

So good to hear happy stories for a change!

Glad its all working out for you now.

Take care xx

misst104
12-09-2009, 09:29 AM
I agree with Jill - its lovely to read a positive post once in a while. So happy that you are enjoying yourself. Long may it continue! :)

xxx jo

Shirlwith3
12-09-2009, 10:54 AM
it has only taken me 2 1/2yrs to start earning a better wage which is good news as then hubby can ease of some of his work so he is home most weekends where at the moemtn we hardly see each other.

The mum of the 2 little girls wished she found me earlier & not used her neighbour accross the road who is a childminder things didn't go well.

The baby's mum has asked me to babysit tonight he only started with me on Monday but he has been so settled with me, my youngest dd aged 4yr wants to keep him he is that cute.

Zoomie
12-09-2009, 11:58 AM
WOW, great to hear that it is going well.

I thought you had only been doing it a year (cos there is no year in your profile).