PDA

View Full Version : oh no!

tulip0803
11-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Supposed to be my little mindees last day today (Have her Mon now but that's another story) and after lunch we went back into the back room. I put her on the floor (15m bum shuffler) and washed her face & hands and turned round to get some toys and she started to cry. I turned back to see a wasp flying away and her rubbing her head:( . She had a sting behind her ear:( . She was very good as as soon as I picked her up she stopped crying and started chattering although she kept rubbing her head. It came up in a lovely lump but she was fine.

I don't know what it is like anywhere else but it is terrible for wasps here (I know it is that time of year but this is awful) at the minute. Never seen it like this and the amount of people who have been stung over the last couple of weeks is ridiculous. Never known as many before. One mum got stung whilst just standing not even moving whilst waiting outside school.

angeldelight
11-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Ouch glad to hear she is ok

Yes we have lots here this last month or so they are driving us mad

About the only thing I am NOT scared of so I dont really mind them ha ha

Angel xx

allinatiz
11-09-2009, 10:49 PM
Glad to hear she's ok.

Haven't seen any really up until this week and now they're following us everywhere! Unfortunately I'm really not good around wasps and it takes all my willpower to be calm when they're buzzing round us!

mrs c
12-09-2009, 05:48 AM
We have quite a few at the moment. I try not to use any perfume and avoid sticky foods in the hope they won't bother me!

Bitsy Beans
12-09-2009, 07:05 AM
Well mindee just loved to eat her snacks out in the garden. And boy the one day did the wasps fancy a bit of banana. They were a nightmare :angry:
Was trying desperately to look calm and collected whilst saying "Oh they won't hurt you, they've just come to say hello" whilst inside my head I am running off screaming as I've been stung before and it DID ruddy well hurt :o

And dreading the day we encounter a mahoosive spider. I am not sure how I will cope with that :o

How am I going to cover mini beasts with kids when I just don't "do" insects :laughing:

manjay
12-09-2009, 07:29 AM
I was stung last friday on the side of my foot and it is still swollen and itching:panic: There seem to be hundreds of them. I have even resorted to blu tacking net over my patio doors and windows or else we wouldn't be able to open them. Really hoping they die off soon:rolleyes:

FussyElmo
12-09-2009, 09:16 AM
Seems to be loads around here too. No one has been stung but am expecting my ds any time soon the way he goes after them.

Spangles
12-09-2009, 02:25 PM
We've had quite a few here over the last few weeks. Horrible little things!

I dread my son being stung as that will just about finish him off! He's scared of flies, bees, wasps, butterflies, I could go on! That would just confirm that he's right to be scared of them and it would be a nightmare!