PDA

View Full Version : Double buggy - which one should I buy?

her8y
11-09-2009, 09:52 PM
I need to buy a double buggy for Monday (!) and have confused myself (not difficult).

It needs to be an umbrella fold and not too heavy. Was thinking of a duo lite but have been told they are difficult to push?? It is just for the school run which I do part in car part walk? Didnt know which type to get. Children are 8 months and 16 months

Can anyone recommend one????????
thank you.
x

Twinkles
11-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Sorry don't know , I use mine for long off road walks so have different needs.

I have a couple of large tandem ones.

amirose
12-09-2009, 06:58 AM
I have a duo lite and its really heavy, however my eldest mindee is 23 months - and huge for her age - and I know even my maclaren single feels heavier with her in it. Tandems in general are harder to steer and the only reason I went with one is because I am currently still using buses during the day. As soon as I pass my test I will definitely going with a side by side - most likely a maclaren :thumbsup:

Bitsy Beans
12-09-2009, 07:01 AM
I have a tandem Mothercare Phoenix and it's not to hard to steer or push (in fact I pushed 3 kids with it yesterday, two sitting and one on a buggy board :eek: ). the only problem it isn't umbrella fold so that probably puts it off your list.

Sorry probably no help to you whatsoever :o

mumof1
12-09-2009, 07:05 AM
I would recommend maclern side by side, i had always used maclern single with my own dd, they last years and are easy to push. my friend has the double and swears by it :thumbsup:

sweets
12-09-2009, 07:44 AM
i you need it by monday then i would just go to the shops and see what theyve got and try them out, take a couple of kids with you if you can, or a couple of heavy shopping bags. try them in the shop by pushing them round loaded up, and fold them up and down.

jess
12-09-2009, 09:13 AM
I have an obaby apex twin, its the nicest double Ive ever used. not as wide as most side by sides, both seats lie back flat, nice and light and folds up smaller than most! only drawback is that seats are fairly small so any large, tired out 2 yr olds do look a bit daft!:laughing:

LeeAnn
12-09-2009, 09:19 AM
I have a maclaren side by side, it is great. I use it for occassional use for a 2.5 YO and a 3YO so it is heavy, but is easier if the children are younger than my two !!

Merry-Minder
12-09-2009, 10:01 AM
I have agonised over a double pushchair for weeks now, until I settled on the Safety 1st duo tandom which was great apart from being on the heavy side, but only to lift into the boot - not when pushing. I chose this chair because I was worried about getting through doors and this tandom was much smaller than all the other tandoms I found - however when I put a child in the back seat he slid forward and was only held in by his harness - the poor thing looked like he was parachuting!! So in the end I had to take it back. I have now ordered the Silver Cross Pop duo which is priced better than any Maclaren I have looked at compared on quality - and the 2 footmuffs and raincovers are included, I already use the single Silver Cross pop so antisipate no problems (fingers crossed)
I think a review I read once hit the nail on the head that 'the perfect double does not exsist' and so we have to weigh up all the pros and cons for each

Good luck
Sarah.:)

The Juggler
12-09-2009, 10:06 AM
I would recommend maclern side by side, i had always used maclern single with my own dd, they last years and are easy to push. my friend has the double and swears by it :thumbsup:

i agree, the maclaren side-by-side. they look the same but are very different weights though so check when you're looking.

mandawills
12-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Hi there,
I used to have a duetlite and they are great for when the children are little so would be ok for your two but you would need to rethink in about a years time. It also does not have much of a shopping basket but it fits on bus and does not take up much space when folded away.
:) I now have a graco tandem, is quite big but so sturdy and is easy to push. It also is able to stand up without support when folded. I use it for two 2yr olds and a 4yr old on a buggy board and is ok. It also has a huge shopping basket which is great for all the jackets, jumpers, nappies, bottles and juice cups that seem to come everywhere with me!
Hope this helps.
Amanda :)

deb24
12-09-2009, 04:54 PM
I,ve got a maclaren side by side.

singlewiththree
12-09-2009, 05:21 PM
I found the duo lite too difficult to push also a mamas papas aria was too difficult to push have now decided I can only push 3 wheelers so I'm not much use in the umberella debates :) I just thought I would put in another vote that the duo lite is hard.

amirose
12-09-2009, 06:32 PM
I found the duo lite too difficult to push also a mamas papas aria was too difficult to push have now decided I can only push 3 wheelers so I'm not much use in the umberella debates :) I just thought I would put in another vote that the duo lite is hard.

I hate mine :laughing:

solly
12-09-2009, 06:40 PM
I have the duolite and do find it heavy and doesn't really make a difference which one you pit in the front if you have two toddlers.
At the moment i use it for a 7 month old and a chunky 13 month old.
I don't drive so use the bus and it is definately a god send.

I wouldn't be without it as its compact and folds away neatly