PDA

View Full Version : Which double buggy has the largest basket?

louise
11-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Hi. I really need to change my double buggy. I have a side by side mclaren. The thing is the wheels are smaller then my single stroller which makes it hard to push. It also hurts my wrist(i cant bend it very far back). Now most buggys seem to have the bar which is great as i will still get some control if i just use my good wrist for a bit. The only downside is on thursday we go to the toy library straight from school. So i need to carry 3 lots of toy, changing bag and snack bag. Tandem would be great as i have to keep on asking midee and son to let go so we can get past cars half parked on the road or Bins left out days after rubbish day.
Thanks Louise

mandawills
12-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Hi,
I have a Graco Tandem and I think it is great. It has a huge shopping basket underneath and is very easy to push one handed as it has a bar rather than two handles.
It is really sturdy as well and is as narrow as a single pushchair. Only downside is that it is a big pushchair and takes up quite bit of space when folded. I couldn't live without mine though!!
Amanda :laughing: :jump for joy:

PixiePetal
12-09-2009, 03:23 PM
I have a Jane Twin Two (tandem). The basket is long but not really deep. I fit quite a lot around the rear passengers feet - or theres more room if they are only little :D

Actually it's lke 2 baskets. A small one near the handle end and another joined to it under the children. Handle is a bar so I hang a bag off that too, very stable.

Like this one -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/jane-Twin-two-with-carseat-carrycot-in-marine-ex-condi_W0QQitemZ330358425265QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_B aby_BabyTravel_Pushchairs_GL?hash=item4ceae586b1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

cabby
12-09-2009, 05:12 PM
i had a graco quattro tour duo, its a tandem pushchair, with a hugh basket that you can get into even if the back seat is laying down because the basket drops down, i loved it only changed it cos i needed a triple

Jen4Kids
13-09-2009, 08:43 AM
The Graco Duosport side-by-side has a large basket and also a bar handle :thumbsup:

balloon
13-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Mountain buggy urban double is a one fingered push and has a good sized basket

lovemyprams
13-09-2009, 11:32 AM
My Mothercare Urban Detour has large basket.

Could you not take a nappy, bottles etc in one rucksack and just take one main bag with childrens essentials rather than take 3 changing bags? This is what I do.:thumbsup:

louise
13-09-2009, 11:37 AM
i had a graco quattro tour duo, its a tandem pushchair, with a hugh basket that you can get into even if the back seat is laying down because the basket drops down, i loved it only changed it cos i needed a triple

Oh thats the one i saw in toyr r us awhile ago. Totally forgot about it untill you mentioned it. Seemed heavy when i tried it but i think it may tick more boxes as by the look of the handles i can also push it one handed for a bit if needed.
Ill have a look at the others aswell. I did get out bidded on ebay awhile back on a power jane the typical few pound over my max bid.

lovemyprams
13-09-2009, 10:07 PM
The Mothercare Urban Detour is so easy to push and yes you could push it with one hand. It is heavy to lift to get into the car but other than that it is an excellent pram for the price.

I also have a Jane Powertwin but struggle sometimes depending on how heavy the children are however, it is easier to walk on pavements, into shops etc because of the width of the pram. This pram was very expensive too at £450! :eek:

I am now looking at a Phil & Teds as fed up of both my doubles not fitting into the car! May sell one of my other doubles but not sure which one!
:panic:

Pudding Girl
14-09-2009, 09:13 AM
Phil & Teds are fab but not for storage :panic:

Not a tandem but an M&P Aria twin has a lovely big basket.