PDA

View Full Version : Maclaren Classic Seat Liners?

amirose
11-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Hello,

I have just bought myself a second hand Maclaren Classic, used it today and I am really (really) pleased with the buggy but thought as it was now the weekend I'd give the covers a good wash as they looked like they needed it. Well its not come out and I think its mold :(

I have tried to find a replacement seat liner but could only find American sites and they weren't proper maclaren ones either - does anyone know where I can get one?

Failing that anyone know how to get mold out of material? :littleangel:

FizzysFriends
11-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Have you tried ebay?

I got mold out of my pushchair using a mild water and bleach solution, as it was mild it didn't take the colour out I had to leave it in the solution for a while though and then I washed it a couple of times in the machine to make sure there wasn't any bleach left.

youarewhatyoueat
11-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Agree with the mild bleach solution, otherwise use a buggy liner to tart it up

Pudding Girl
11-09-2009, 06:44 PM
dettol mould and mildew remover - spray it on and leave it for about 20 mins, rinse off (under tap or garden hose) if still there repeat and carry on repeating, my P&T took two goes, then when happy stick the seat into a duvet cover (and hood too if it has one) and into the wash with normal washing powder at 30c on gentle wash and it should look spiffing :)

Trust me, I do a lot of this, am a buggy addict and love tarting up rancid old buggies into little gems :)

mumx3
11-09-2009, 07:18 PM
You can buy them directly from Maclaren online. I have just bought a plain black one and it is great. Google maclaren and then phone customer services.

amirose
11-09-2009, 07:44 PM
dettol mould and mildew remover - spray it on and leave it for about 20 mins, rinse off (under tap or garden hose) if still there repeat and carry on repeating, my P&T took two goes, then when happy stick the seat into a duvet cover (and hood too if it has one) and into the wash with normal washing powder at 30c on gentle wash and it should look spiffing :)

Trust me, I do a lot of this, am a buggy addict and love tarting up rancid old buggies into little gems :)

:D Thank you - this sounds like a great tip - will be going to the shop to get some 1st thing tomorrow :clapping:

Pudding Girl
11-09-2009, 07:46 PM
I'd do it outside too if i were you, it's stinky stuff! or at least in well ventilated bathroom away from kids.

Hope it works a treat for you

amirose
12-09-2009, 04:25 PM
George - Just wanted to tell you you are WONDERFUL :D its worked a treat :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Pudding Girl
13-09-2009, 04:09 PM
goodo :D :thumbsup: