PDA

View Full Version : key responsibilities??

chels55
11-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Just getting started on key skills before my NVQ begins. iIhave to desribe key skills i use for childminding, im finding it difficlt to put into words what we do. please help

cher25
11-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Sorry cant help you here but I would love to know the answer's to this aswell. I am already doing my nvq, but yet to do the key skills. Havent got a clue what it entails.

chels55
11-09-2009, 04:38 PM
I was told the key skills were done before you start the nvq its a bit of maths graphs ect, english which include writing documents. I was told it was to see if you might need extra support with the nvq

youarewhatyoueat
11-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Do you mean things like communication, ict skills, planning, bookwork, marketing,organisation skills, patience, boundless energy!!! or am I way off the mark Lol

chels55
11-09-2009, 06:06 PM
great thanks. its a type of cv so for previous experience i have put learning support in school .key responsibilities were- working with small groups of children aged 4- 11 years. listening to reading on a one to one basis and helping with singing and dancing sessions. with childminding i really dont know what to put because we do everything so far i have preparing meals, going on outings accounts, and planning

youarewhatyoueat
11-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Yes I had to do a cv and I listed all my past jobs, I also had to do my strengths and weaknesses where I struggled to find many strengths, I made most of them up,lol

grindal
11-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Dont forget the running your own business side of childminding. Promotions, and advertising, writing and reviewing contracts, writing and updating policies, membership of professional organisations (NCMA), updating youself on current childminding developments, keeping financial records, budgeting, communication with prospective and current parents. Wow, we do loads even before we start to think about any activities with the kids!!

chels55
11-09-2009, 06:31 PM
thanks so much for replies, im so glad i came on her tonight