PDA

View Full Version : advice from someone who minds 3 under 2's please

youarewhatyoueat
11-09-2009, 01:33 PM
I've just agreed to take on another child for 3 days so will have 1 15 month old and 2 18 month olds. I do like to go out for walks and have an attachment on the buggy for a third but its not really suitable for an under 2 its a bibi rider. I have a mamas and papas twin buggy and a mothercare urban twin, can anyone recommend an attachment that would fit but was quick and easy for in and out of the car as well. I could use a backpack but that could be a bit heavy, none of them walk well yet. Any suggestions gratefully received thanks.

Trouble
11-09-2009, 01:36 PM
i have a triple buggy but round here the pavements are narrow

they are good if your pavements are ok

kindredspirits
11-09-2009, 03:10 PM
what about a buggy board with a seat on it - seat to go i think their called - never used one mind :D

karenandsmile
11-09-2009, 03:14 PM
speak to your ncma network officer they sometimes loan out tripple buggies ours does worth an ask better to have a try out before you buy one

solly
11-09-2009, 04:34 PM
I used to look after 3 15month old children they were all friends and there was only 2 weeks betwwen each of their birthdays. I brought a triple buggy, they are more popular now but when i got mine 6 years ago i used to get some very funny looks.

I loved having the close age gap as what i did for one i did for the others although there was non of this EYFS stuff to do

The Juggler
11-09-2009, 05:21 PM
I would avoid the buggy pods you attach to a double as I've heard of lots of accidents with these coming off.

mushpea
11-09-2009, 05:59 PM
what about a buggy board for the older ones to stand on then they could take it in turns to ride on the board, short journeys at first so they get used to it. or as somone else says see if you local ncma network loan out tripples.

daisyboo1980
11-09-2009, 06:31 PM
u can get some compact triple ones i saw a lady with one at the zoo and it wasnt much wider than my double think it was o baby but really not sure

rickysmiths
11-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Do you go out for walks for pleasure or do you have to walk somewhere for a reason if you understand what I mean?

I would be a bit worried if an 18mth old couldn't go out for a short walk. I currently have 3 little ones, had them all from 8-9 mths and they are 3.5, 2.5 and just 2 now (he has been walking to school since the new year he loved the snow) and they have all walked to school and back, admittedly only a five min walk there and then back for me from about 14mths.

My current 3.5yr old would walk a mile to toddlers and back again at 22mths. I have never had the need of a triple buggy. I do have a buggy board as a safety net if we are walking a distance.

With three the age you are going to have I might expect to use the car a little more for a while perhaps. I would use a single buggy and reins on the older two and get them to hold each side of the buggy while they walk..

Daisy1956
11-09-2009, 08:42 PM
I minded children of similar ages although only part time .I found a buggy board great and when it wasn't need on short walks I could fasten it up out of the way. Although it did fall down somtime so take care.

youarewhatyoueat
11-09-2009, 09:41 PM
Do you go out for walks for pleasure or do you have to walk somewhere for a reason if you understand what I mean?

I would be a bit worried if an 18mth old couldn't go out for a short walk. I currently have 3 little ones, had them all from 8-9 mths and they are 3.5, 2.5 and just 2 now (he has been walking to school since the new year he loved the snow) and they have all walked to school and back, admittedly only a five min walk there and then back for me from about 14mths.

My current 3.5yr old would walk a mile to toddlers and back again at 22mths. I have never had the need of a triple buggy. I do have a buggy board as a safety net if we are walking a distance.

With three the age you are going to have I might expect to use the car a little more for a while perhaps. I would use a single buggy and reins on the older two and get them to hold each side of the buggy while they walk..

Yes we often walk for pleasure, why would you be worried if an 18 month couldn't go for a short walk, my son was a bum shuffler he didn't start walking till he was 19 months,lol
I do use the car and I have a double buggy and want an attachment that is comfortable for distance, we often walk along country lanes before we get to areas to walk safely,and explore, I like to let them toddle in the fields near us and do my version of forest school, but if I let them walk there it would take forever and they would be too knackered to enjoy it when we got there, does that make sense.
I know what I would really like is one of those double buggys with an extra toddler seat but can't justify spending on one.But thanks for all the ideas.

Gizmo
11-09-2009, 09:50 PM
I have 7mnth old in buggy and my own dd age 2 on one side and mindee and 2 1/2 on other, mindee hates walking and have to make her laugh any time I make her walk it is now big bad joy's fault or she wants mummy

little miss chatterbox
11-09-2009, 09:59 PM
I have a similar problem with my daughter although she's 4! Don't get me wrong she does walk but we have to take her older sister to school and her to nursery. School is a mile away so she walks a mile there, mile back, half a mile to nursery, 1/2 mile back from nursery then another 2 miles to school and back! She's only a little 4 year old and she does struggle with 4-5 miles a day!

I have a buggy board but it does not fit on my double and am struggling with options! I don't really want a triple because she doesn't go in it very often just to recharge her batteries! The strolli rider looks good just not sure how practical it will be getting thro the sch gates etc!

Jen

youarewhatyoueat
11-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Strolli rider really easy to use and will go up and down curbs and I just hook it up out of the way by attaching it to the handle. There were quite a few on ebay the last time I looked, I use one for my 4 year old as hes just started school and is a bit tired to walk everywhere.