PDA

View Full Version : dropping mindee to parent at school

Tired
11-09-2009, 01:27 PM
I have a mindee starting in a few weeks. She will be dropped here in the morning, but I will take her on the school run in the afternoon and hand her over to her dad at school.

Does anyone else do this?

How do you deal with signing the register, and accident book etc. Do you take them to school, thats a bit of a faff and not very confidential. Also I am worried about how I will do a proper handover and discussion in the playground.

I know others do this, so any adive will be greatfully recieved.

Blackhorse
11-09-2009, 01:33 PM
I have a mindee that is with me from just before 9 to just before 3
both these times I need to be out on the school run and as mum's house is on the way I said I would drop him off and pick him up as it makes it easier for everyone.

we agreed that if there is anything we will talk about it at a different time unless it is urgent.
My attendance reg gets signed once a week so I will just take it with me on fridays...same for anything else to sign. (it is her house though so more confidential...and paperwork will remain in car.
but even if you have it in your bag...nobody else needs to see it.

I havent been doing this for long so someone else I am sure will be able to advice you better
good luck with it

loocyloo
11-09-2009, 01:37 PM
i'm about to deliver one of mine to mum at school right now!

i also collect him at school! i take the attendance book and anything else that needs signing to school! if i forget, i pop round over the weekend. we try to have a few minutes to hand over, and i do write a daily diary, so can put notes there! but we seem to manage. if need be i text/ring mum during the day or later on in the evening!

it is confidential, she only sees her pages in the books, and i never let the them out of my hand! sometimes i think its a good thing, as if other parents see, then they have an idea what a professional childminder is like, and that everything is done 'properly' !!!

x

sweets
11-09-2009, 01:37 PM
just get her to sign the attendance book on the following monday morn for the week just gone. any accident forms should be taken to school and signed and handed over then really, it would only take a min.

youarewhatyoueat
11-09-2009, 01:38 PM
I do this sometimes, I put the time on the register and get them to sign in the next available morning and I also fill out a daily diary and tell them if i've noted anything important in that. Its the times that are important on the register not so much the signing, I no longer use the ncma one i've devised my own that just requires a signature at the end of the week. It works fine.

The Juggler
11-09-2009, 05:25 PM
I've done this with lots of children over the years. I get attendance sheets signed monthly so put them in an envelope and get them back signed, and accidents sheets go in daily diary and come back to me.

It's worked fine for me. One less to come home with although to be honest I usually end up "swapping shifts" handing the little one over to replace with a bigger after schoolie!

uf353432
11-09-2009, 06:06 PM
I have a couple of children which I drop at the school gates as I collect other children and it works fine. I also do my signing in sheet monthly, and do a quick handover while we wait for the other children to be collected. If there was any paperwork to sign - I would do it in the playground - or would talk to them and agree to sign it the following morning at home.

newandlearning
11-09-2009, 06:29 PM
I do this.. I get everything signed by the mum.. although I drop off at school to dad everyother Tues. as mum is main carer she signs.. contract is also with mum so as such I would tell her of any accidents and other issues. mum and I have discussed what to say to dad and this is how mum wants things xx

Tired
12-09-2009, 07:18 AM
thanks, im sure it will be ok, im probably just getting worked up over nothing.

Chatterbox Childcare
12-09-2009, 01:31 PM
I drop off and collect here there and everywhere - whatever is convenient to me and the parents

As to the book - I never ask the parents to sign it

As to accidents then you could discuss and then ask to sign or you could discuss and sign next morning.

nic76
12-09-2009, 03:57 PM
i drop off at school and have never asked parents to sign it.i dont think it is needed for them to sign