PDA

View Full Version : swimming

carebear25
11-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Any advice greatly appreciated.

My ds really loves swimmin an i dont want him 2 miss out coz im childminding so i was thinkin i cud mayb do this.

My current mindee is not that keen on swimmin at moment an i dont wanna b in that position where she is upset bout goin an refusin but I was thinkin if my mum came with us she cud sit on poolside wit her while me an ds swim do u think this is acceptable as she is in view at al times with my mum.

The other option is my mum wil have 2 take him until mindee gains more confident in the pool.

tammerisk
11-09-2009, 01:29 PM
they do say within sight or hearing but are oyu meeting the need of this child if they are sat with your mum

carebear25
11-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Will b in hearin when changin an wi b in sight while I'm in pool.

singlewiththree
11-09-2009, 02:38 PM
I personally wouldn't like it if it was my child having to sit with someones mum while my childminder took her child into the pool. Could you mum just take your son swimming or you could go at weekends. Our job is not 100% perfect so there are bound to be some things we have to sacrifice or alter.

youarewhatyoueat
11-09-2009, 02:59 PM
You're paid to do activities with the mindee not your own, how old is your own child as some pools take children from age 3 as the instructor gets in with them not mum. This is what I did as a compromise I then took the mindees to watch but also read with them and did snack time while watching. Otherwise just take your own child in the evening or at weekends.

kindredspirits
11-09-2009, 03:04 PM
tbh - would you like it if you were paying a childminder who then left the child with her mum whilst she went swimming? i know you will legally be ok but i don't think its meeting the needs of that child - if mum is happy with you taking the mindee swimming i would get your mum to go in with your son and you can take mindee - that way if mindee is not happy or wants to stop you can get out with him and your son isn't missing out.
or as others have said - evenings/weekends

carebear25
11-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Fair enough my brain not workin like that

peanuts
11-09-2009, 04:07 PM
cant you take him at the weekend when you have no mindees