PDA

View Full Version : really quick bit of advice...pleases.x

cabby
11-09-2009, 09:26 AM
ok, ive just had what sounds like the perfect parent on the phone, she wants full time care for her 1 year old (perfect)...but shes 4 months pregnant, will go on maternity in march will still want lo to come a couple of days a week, then when she goes back to work in jan 2011, will want them both to come back full time, what do i tell her money wise, never had this situation before so not sure what to say about holding a place.xx

It's a small world
11-09-2009, 09:30 AM
sorry not sure how to help. I think some people won't charge for unborn child ..just have to hope you have a space. I'm sure someone with more expertise will be along soon.

Congratulations though..:clapping: and good luck

MissTinkerbell
11-09-2009, 09:39 AM
My old mindee has just left me because mum has gone on maternity leave and had new baby earlier this week. She obviously wants me to have them both if dad manages to get a new job (his office shuts the week after next) - however it has been left that they can come back if I have have the space at the time.

Not sure what to suggest for you as the mum wants you to have the little one a couple of days a week throughout the maternity leave. Its a long time to keep a space open and mum may decide not to go back to work.

If you take her LO on now, I think I would have to say that when she goes on maternity leave in March that she pays a retainer for the days she doesn't use unless you can manage to fill that space with a temporary part-timer.

I don't think you can justify asking mum to pay a retainer for the unborn - perhaps a deposit if you can afford to keep the space open?

I'm sure someone else will have some much better advice soon or have been in this situation.

cabby
11-09-2009, 09:47 AM
thats what i was going to do, have the lo a couple of days from march then maybe take on others on a temp basis, or explain to mum i will have new baby if i have the space, just thought id ask if anyone had other ideas....just wanted to confirm what i was thinking....thankyou all.xx

sounds really promising was on the phone to her for 1/2 hour, she said her first impression of me by just talking was im the person she wants to leave her baby with:clapping: :clapping: shes coming to see me about 11 to confirm what she already knows:clapping:

loocyloo
11-09-2009, 11:00 AM
good luck, i hope it went well.

i have had a LO since he was 6 mths, now 3! mum has been on maternity leave since easter, and instead of fulltime, he has come 2 days a week. come next easter, the plan is for both 3 yr old, AND babe to come to me fulltime. i said that as it works out, i should be fine with spaces ( and a variation! ) as i have children moving up ratiowise as they get older.

i haven't charged any retainer fee for babe, really because they are still paying fees for older child ( i said it would be 1/2 weekly fee, but they were welcome to use those 2 days!, any more, and i charge for them! ) plus, i don't have a space currently! i could ask for a deposit, but didn't as i already have the older child!

its a bit of a mindfield really!

x

cabby
11-09-2009, 11:54 AM
shes just gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! been here nearly 2 hours:) lo was lovely was quite happy to go straight down and play with the others, mum did not stop talking:panic: she said she was happy enough to use me, just had to talk to dad, get him to meet me, the hopefully sign contracts ready for lo to start begining of oct, the day after my full timer at the moment leaves:clapping: so hopefully fingers crossed i'll stay full:clapping: :clapping:

sarah707
11-09-2009, 12:59 PM
shes just gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! been here nearly 2 hours:) lo was lovely was quite happy to go straight down and play with the others, mum did not stop talking:panic: she said she was happy enough to use me, just had to talk to dad, get him to meet me, the hopefully sign contracts ready for lo to start begining of oct, the day after my full timer at the moment leaves:clapping: so hopefully fingers crossed i'll stay full:clapping: :clapping:

Great news, well done you! :D

cabby
11-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Great news, well done you! :D

thankyou.x:D

Trouble
11-09-2009, 01:52 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: