PDA

View Full Version : calpol

moogster1a
11-09-2009, 07:34 AM
Am I right in remembering that there was new advice not to give Calpol to under 5's? Does anyone know where there's a list of what the new advice was? My very snotty mindee just turned up with Calpol but I have this niggling thought that it's effectively banned,

rickysmiths
11-09-2009, 08:50 AM
Calpol is fine. However you do need the parents to sign your medication book to say when the child had their last dose before you can give any to them.

tammerisk
11-09-2009, 01:42 PM
it is mediced i think it is called and calpol night time and calpol cold that you can't give to under 2s i think it is

youarewhatyoueat
11-09-2009, 02:07 PM
If you can buy it for under 5's then its ok, but I think it is all the cough preparations that have been stopped including mediced. I will only give calpol with permission and anything else has to be prescribed.

wellybelly
11-09-2009, 03:36 PM
If you can buy it for under 5's then its ok, but I think it is all the cough preparations that have been stopped including mediced. I will only give calpol with permission and anything else has to be prescribed.

Me too, I get parent/carers to fill out the NCMA Medicine forms before they leave and when they return to collect their child.