PDA

View Full Version : Is this rubbish?

pinklady
10-09-2009, 07:39 PM
I'm trying to fill in my form to Ofsted for a variance. They've changed their format and I don't know if what I've written is good enough. It's only for 3 hours in day a week :rolleyes:

B1. Include a plan of your day and how the individual needs of each child will be met.

I start at 8am with 2 mindees arriving at that time. Free play after settling mindees in until 08.30hrs and do the school run to take my 8 year old son either on foot or in the car.
I have risk assessed car journeys and journeys on foot with a clear plan on making the journey as smoothly and safely as possible. I have suitable buggies & harnesses.
Return at 9am for free play until 3rd mindee arrives at 09.30 and we’ll do a planned activity for the children that wish to join in or walk to local park/library followed by snack and free play until lunch. 3rd Mindee will go home at 12.30pm after lunch.
I have plenty of highchairs and booster seats for all the children to sit and enjoy their lunch safely and comfortably.

B2. Please detail the equipment you have. If additional equipment is required, please state below what equipment you will provide

I have suitable buggies & harnesses.
I have plenty of highchairs and booster seats for all the children to sit and enjoy their lunch safely and comfortably. I have
enough plates and cups for each child.
Each child will have their own hand towel.
I have a good selection of toys and resources to stimulate and interest all the ages of children in my care.
I have 2 travel cots should 2 children need to nap at the same time. 3rd mindee naps at home after lunch and my youngest son doesn’t have a daytime nap.

Alibali
10-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Don't forget car seats and an outline of how you will ensure safety:thumbsup:

funtoplay
10-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Hi,

What I don't understand is how comes some people are filling this form in and others sending emails. I have emailed a letter and not had to fill out the form for a variation.

Julia

pinklady
10-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Don't forget car seats and an outline of how you will ensure safety:thumbsup:

I'd completely forgotten about car seats :panic: what am I like??

I think some people have had trouble emailing their forms due to computer glitches. I've already sent one form via post which was never received and they've changed the format of the form since.

I was told by ofsted today that they are taken 4-6 weeks to action at the moment. :mad: