PDA

View Full Version : what would you say

mushpea
10-09-2009, 06:50 PM
when a 3yrold girl keeps saying what colour knickers she's wearing? she also touchs her self and repeatedly tells the story of how a freind stopped her using the loo so she had an accident? all of which i am confident is just normal behavour for her age but i dont know what to say, at the moment to the knickers 'oh thats nice', as for the loo i tell her that wasnt nice of her freind, and as for the touching i tell her not to do it but not sure if all of this is the correct way to handle it?

sarah707
10-09-2009, 06:58 PM
First parents need to take her to the GP to check she doesn't have a urinary problem or infection that is making her itch.

If it's just healthy curiosity then try not to make a big deal out of it... sounds like you are handling it fine at the moment.

Do you think she is trying to shock you? Or is she just a bit ocd about telling the same stories over and over again? Some children get one story in their heads and repeat it for a while...

have you spoken to parents about the knickers thing? Do they have any idea how it started?

:D

mushpea
10-09-2009, 07:02 PM

Do you think she is trying to shock you? Or is she just a bit ocd about telling the same stories over and over again? Some children get one story in their heads and repeat it for a while...

:D

i personaly think its an attention thing but i cant really not say anything as i dont like to ignore her when she talks to me.

FussyElmo
10-09-2009, 07:06 PM
My mindee likes to keep telling me about when she is put on the naughty step at home!!! I tell her thats nice then move on to something else doesnt matter what just distract her.

Think I would also tell parents as my dd used to itch and I used to tell her about it turned out she had an infection :blush: