PDA

View Full Version : daily diarys for afta school only

carebear25
10-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Hi

My school mindee is afta school only so was thinkin of givin diary, (which im doin in a A5 book) on a friday and hope is it brought by mum on a monday when she collects him.

That or doin daily sheets an then ask 4 comments on the monday.

What do u think??

sarah707
10-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Not sure I'd do a diary that goes home and back for a schoolie unless there were special educational needs or disabilities.

It's a great idea to keep a little record book but you can write parents comments in it yourself then share it with them every month or 2.

You can encourage the child to put photos in and make comments himself which he can write or you can help him with.

does that sound easier?

I've been hearing all about your pizza making! Sounds great fun :D

Playmate
10-09-2009, 06:28 PM
I don't write anything for my after schoolers, do it all verbally, just don't have the time :D

carebear25
10-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Hes stil in EYFS so do I not need 2 do a daily diary?

carebear25
10-09-2009, 06:32 PM
Not sure I'd do a diary that goes home and back for a schoolie unless there were special educational needs or disabilities.

It's a great idea to keep a little record book but you can write parents comments in it yourself then share it with them every month or 2.

You can encourage the child to put photos in and make comments himself which he can write or you can help him with.ive got him a book 2 do this with

does that sound easier?

I've been hearing all about your pizza making! Sounds great fun :D wat pizzas

sarah707
10-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Hes stil in EYFS so do I not need 2 do a daily diary?

You need to do some kind of learning journey... something to show you are following his learning and development needs.

It doesn't have to go home every day like a diary, because he can tell his parents what he's been up to at his age.

It doesn't need to be really complicated or in depth either because the school is doing the bulk of it ... concentrate on making it like a memory book, but linked to the Eyfs.

You'll hardly see him anyway so you need to focus on his routine really. Share that with parents, get them to tell you his favourite toys etc at home that sort of thing

:D

carebear25
10-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Thanks Sarah

Ive been tellin mum what hes done an eaten while wit me. An taken a few pictures 2 show his 1st week with me.

:D