PDA

View Full Version : Variation advise, do you explain everything

Ben10mad
10-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Hiya could do with some advise please.
Ive began writing a variation request to Ofsted, have written to them in the past but left it short and simple ready.
Anyway im asking to up my numbers to having 8 children under 5 when working with an assistant, so i think i will have to put as much detail in as possible for it to be granted, do you write about your care provided, fire evacuations, risk assesments, obs ect
xxx

sarah707
10-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Sorry I've never asked for a variation but I do have a thought...

Have you applied to the local council for planning permission yet?

That costs £350 round here (don't know about your area) and can take up to 3 months - they write to all your neighbours and have to give them time to reply.

It might be worth checking on that side of things while you are doing the Ofsted stuff as well.

Good luck! :D

Ben10mad
10-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Sorry I've never asked for a variation but I do have a thought...

Have you applied to the local council for planning permission yet?

That costs £350 round here (don't know about your area) and can take up to 3 months - they write to all your neighbours and have to give them time to reply.

It might be worth checking on that side of things while you are doing the Ofsted stuff as well.

Good luck! :D

Do you know how meny children max you can have befor you have to get planning?
My neighbour next door wont agree as we dont get on lol

sarah707
10-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Do you know how meny children max you can have befor you have to get planning?
My neighbour next door wont agree as we dont get on lol

It's the 6 under 8 on your certificate.

Any more and you must apply or you'll be working illegally.

I was thinking about doing it a few years ago when my partner registered but my neighbour is a nasty piece of work and I do not want her knowing my business so I stuck at 6.

Hth :D

Chatterbox Childcare
10-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Ofsted are not interested in policies and risk assessments as they are just a variation department.

What they are interested in is whether your request is within the law and need to know the times that you will have the children, ages, DOB's, your house, floor space, how will you look after them with over 8's about, toy resouces etc.

If you give them this they will initially answer and then ask for more information if required.

Planning permission varies so speak to your council but as to your neighbour, it would have to be a legitimate reason and not pay back.