PDA

View Full Version : Registration visit POLICYS PLEASE HELP!

viclou88
10-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Please, please, please can someone help me with this question- im currently a childminding assistant and i am registering at the same time so we can work along side each other, i have my registration visit next week and i dont know if i need my own policys or i can use the childminders that i am going to be working with as we will both be at the same address...? very confused! as surely we need to have same policys if working alongside each other 24 - 7

Please any suggestions?

Panic!!:panic:

vicky x

Chatterbox Childcare
10-09-2009, 08:41 PM
If you are both working from the same house with the same rules then the same policies must apply - that is what my logic is saying but email Ofsted and ask.

sarah707
10-09-2009, 08:49 PM
I work with my partner and we have our own Policies and procedures...

Though we work with different children and different age groups.

I'd ask like Debbie suggests :D

bongywongy
11-09-2009, 10:24 AM
I would suggest you both work with the same policies so that when you speak to carers the information you give is consistent. It would be a good time work together to review all policies currently in place. Policies should be reviewed at least every 12 months.

Good luck :)

Mollymop
11-09-2009, 11:38 AM
I would have thought that if you are an assistant to a childminder then you would be required to use the policies of the main childcarer.

If you are registering to look after children in your own right then I would have thought you would have to have you're own policies.

Try not to worry about getting policies ready for your pre-reg inspection - ofsted are not interested in seeing them at this stage.

viclou88
11-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Thamks everyone! we have just review and amended policys with the childminder i will be working with (mum in-law)!! so i will just see what ofsted say! :) will let you know how i get on thanks :o) xx