PDA

View Full Version : Halloween recipes

It's a small world
10-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Hi

Not sure if this is right but I have come across some fab ideas for halloween recipes and wanted to share (sorry MODs if I should have done this differently or put it somewhere else)

SWAMP SOUP WITH WITCHES SCABS

1tbsp sunflower oil
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
300g potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
500g frozen peas
1.5ltr veg stock (stock cubes)
150g streaky bacon
300g can mushy peas

1-heat the oil in a large opan and gently fry the onion until soft but not browned.Add the potatoes, peas and stock and bring to the boil,cover and simmer for 10 mins
2-while the soup is cooking, grill the bacon until crispy. Drain onto absorbent kitchen paper and snip into small pieces the 'scabs'
3-blend the soup in batches in a food processor then return to the pan with the mushy peas, stir well and heat through. Serve with a sprinkling of crispy bacon.

Serves 8 Prep 20mins Cook 20mins

WITCHES BREW

1ltr ginger beer
1ltr apple juice
100ml lime cordial
spooky sweets of your choice

1- Pour the ginger beer, apple juice and lime cordial into a large jug or 'cauldron'
2- Pop the sweets in and give it a good stir before seving

Theres a few more.....sticky bat wings / pear ghosts / mud oranges / graveyard cake

They can be found in the Morrisons edition Sept/Oct or Im happy to add here if anyone interested .

They look good Im going to try them...Soup looks lush !!!!!!!

PixiePetal
10-09-2009, 05:15 PM
I am doing DS a halloween 13th birthday party along with some of DD 15/16yr old mates as house warming.

Any ideas appreciated. Would they be online at Morrisons?

It's a small world
10-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Try this .. When it shows the contents page click on the picture of the boy dressed up and it will take you into the recipes.

http://cde.cerosmedia.com/1C4a929ac1b5f3f456.cde

Hope they are of use to you..