View Full Version : Moving Home RA

10-09-2009, 03:50 PM
I have been asked to do a risk assessment on the house that I am moving to (in 6 weeks) by Ofsted, but it is an empty house and will have to ask estate agents to let me in to do one. Do I do a risk assessment on the house as it is, empty?

I only got my registration certificate a few weeks ago so the adviser said they would more than likely have to come and check the property before I could childmind from there, and that I would have to wait until my new certificate comes through the post before I could commence work which is worrying my as I know they can take time.:eek:

As I have already started childminding (last week) Im worried.:eek: :eek:

16-09-2009, 08:23 AM
i think you need to do it as it was as if living there ... hope i made sense there lol
someone will answer correctly soon im sure

16-09-2009, 05:29 PM
You can do a lot of it when it is empty I suppose... saying what you intend to do to keep children safe.

I would get something on paper and into Ofsted as quickly as possible because I understand variations are taking up to 6 weeks at the moment.

You can always send more info in if they want it or when you move.

hth :D