PDA

View Full Version : question about pre reg visit

sjane2
10-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Hi

have a question dont know how to answer . What do you regard as a significant event about which you would need ot inform Ofsted? How would you contact us?this is in the Welfare requirements section -

and another on under suitable people What events if any do you need ot inform us about and how would you do this?

well i would phone or write I suppose??? but what sort of event are they talking about?
any help gratefully received

sam

bongywongy
10-09-2009, 02:46 PM
You would generally inform Ofsted of:

Any serious accident, illness or injury to, or death of any child whilst in your care.

Any food poisioning affecting two or more children in your care.

Any change to your name, address or telephone number.

If someone in your house turns 16/someone new moves in as a crb will be required.

A change to the premises such as structural alterations, removing fencing or adding a pond.

If a safeguarding allegation has been made against you or a member of your family.

The Welfare Requirements will provide you with more information on this question.

I hope this helps!

sarah707
10-09-2009, 05:45 PM
The Statutory reuirements also state -

Premises

Specific legal requirements

Registered providers must notify Ofsted of the following:

In the case of all registered early years providers:

■■ any change in the address of the premises on which childcare is provided;

■■ particulars of any proposal to change the hours during which childcare is provided which will entail the provision of overnight care;

■■ particulars of any significant event which is likely to affect the suitability of the early years provider or any person who cares for, or is in regular contact with, children on the premises to look after children.

Hth :D

sjane2
11-09-2009, 12:13 PM
thanks very for the information.

that has helped alot.

x