PDA

View Full Version : Mindee was Ill

grindal
10-09-2009, 12:45 PM
My little mindee has been quite poorly the last few days, and on Tuesday eve mum took him to the docs - who said he was OK. Anyway, yesterday he was not OK - was really dozy and drowsy and the only time he really cried was when i tried to move him. And he was really hot. So, I phoned Mum, who sent Dad to collect him and take him to the docs and it turned out the poor little thing had a urine infection. He now has antibiotics and seems a lot better today. My question is should I write the whole episode up on an incident report form?

Gherkin
10-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Don't think it is necessary but if you feel more comfortable keeping a note of the episode then it is better to do so. Wouldn't need to be too complicated just date and a note of what happened, how the child was etc.

Alibali
10-09-2009, 01:10 PM
If I send a lo home I just make a note of it in their observation /development diary and a wee not e of what Dr said. Parents have said they find it really interesting to read cos they forget how often they've had child at Dr. I also note down when they are off sick and then I have a thorough record for them:)