PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted due and a teething toddler = Nightmare??!!

Dgroove
10-09-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm in a bit of a dilemma - I am expecting my Ofsted Inspection tomorrow (1st one since registering), but my son is teething badly (he's 16months), he is VERY clingy and whingy and I am not sure that it will give the inspector a great first impression. I left him with a relative earlier today and he screamed for the whole 15minutes I was gone, and then he was in a right state for about 1/2 hour after I was back. Obviously never having an inspection I am unsure how they would be if I rang and cancelled????? Also as I get married next week (could have so done without the stress of an inspection before the big day!) it would realistically be 2 weeks until we could arrange another date for the inspection.

Tinglesnark
10-09-2009, 01:09 PM
if i were you, i would give him some calpol in the morniing to stave off the pain and just give him lots of cuddles. the inspector wants to see how you treat the children and urs are included in that. try to stay calm, you will be great! :thumbsup:

Tinglesnark
10-09-2009, 01:09 PM
oh and congrats on ur wedding!!

Alibali
10-09-2009, 01:11 PM
if i were you, i would give him some calpol in the morniing to stave off the pain and just give him lots of cuddles. the inspector wants to see how you treat the children and urs are included in that. try to stay calm, you will be great! :thumbsup:

I'd be really naughty and give him some medised, as well as reducing the pain it'll make him sleepy:thumbsup:

vix84
10-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Just explain the situation when they arrive and say your son may be a little more sensitive than usual with her/him in the house and teething. Worst case scenario is that you have to ask them to leave early and it finnish it when your son is beter. Im guessing they will have experience of teething and know that they can be fine 1 minute and not the next:)

Tinglesnark
10-09-2009, 01:18 PM
I'd be really naughty and give him some medised, as well as reducing the pain it'll make him sleepy:thumbsup:

lol charlies allergic to medised but i was gonna put to give him calpol (medised lol) 20 mins before inspector arrives ...

lol

milk and a fave dvd is a good one with ur medicine tooo lol

Pauline
10-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Hi

I did reply to your PM but just in case you haven't seen it yet I will repeat some of it here.

I don't think they would be too keen on you cancelling without a really good excuse. If you don't have any minded children that would be good enough but otherwise not sure what you could say.

Might be best to get it over with and then you can concentrate on your wedding (congratulations by the way!)

Explain when they arrive that he is teething, it will help to show how you cope with the other children and manage him. You could perhaps spend this evening planning some easy activities to keep the other children occupied but perhaps not too messy, so you don't have to worry about tidying up a lot of mess with your son in your arms!!

Just be yourself really, have everything ready to show them so that you don't have to go off to find paperwork etc. and try to relax.

Good luck and relax you will be fine :thumbsup: