PDA

View Full Version : New Charges

Pipsqueak
26-02-2008, 11:14 AM
I have heard mutterings from various places that apparently OFSTED are going to introduce the new fees £103. for the 0-4yrs and 5-8yrs separately (in effect costing us £206.).

I have spoken to OFSTED this morning (as I was quite worried about this) and have been told that currently there is no confirmation as yet about charges (they guy on the end of the phone could/would not say if they were even thinking about the two separate charges).

The decisions will be made in April and we will be told about it then.:( Obviously I hope to goodness they are not thinking about charging sep for the age groups - I think that would be a nail in the coffin for many but TBH I don't (fingers crossed) think they will.

angeldelight
26-02-2008, 11:15 AM
I am sure there is a post about this already in the forum Vik ?

I will see if I can find it

Angel xx

Mollymop
26-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Gosh, I really hope not! It's enough that they have up their fees to £100, let alone to £200!
I mentioned to Darren that I have just paid ofsted £20 for my years registration, then he looked shocked when I said that next year I'll have to pay over £100 as they are putting the charges up. He was like "why have they put it up to that much?!"

Pipsqueak
26-02-2008, 11:39 AM
I am sure there is a post about this already in the forum Vik ?

I will see if I can find it

Angel xx

sorry if there is Angel (don't mean to repeat), I guess I never saw the original.:blush:

angeldelight
26-02-2008, 11:50 AM
No probs Vik

I cant even find it though so no wonder you have not read it haha

Angel xx

Pauline
26-02-2008, 12:47 PM
there was something about it on the on-line news yesterday but I can't find it now.

It's all to do with the consultation that has just been done and the increase in fees that will come in by stages by 2010

Twinkles
26-02-2008, 12:49 PM
There's a bit about it in the latest 'who minds'.

LittleMissSparkles
26-02-2008, 02:09 PM
they are saying a the moment it is subsidised and still will be but not as much and the extra money they are charging will go to your local area for funding ............ id rather have it in my pocket thanks if that is true x

Spangles
26-02-2008, 02:15 PM
At a meeting I went to a couple of weeks ago the CSDO's (is that right?) said we wouldn't be charged for both fees, only one. Not that that is much better though!

They also said that these fees are not confirmed and that the current subsidies will be forwarded to local authorities for them to use as they see fit. So some areas may still have these fees heavily subsidised we will have to wait and see what happens.

miffy
26-02-2008, 09:19 PM
There has been quite a bit in the papers recently about the rise in registration fees to £103 but i don't remember seeing anything about it being charged for each age group

hope this isn't one of Ofsted's nasty little surprises

Miffy xx

wendywu
26-02-2008, 10:13 PM
So how would this work, say if we suddenly lost all our 5 to 8 year old would we get a refund? If we had none in this age bracket when we were due to pay would we still have to pay? Or would we just phone up and say ive got a 6 year old so i now owe you a £100.00:panic:

Sounds like it could cause problems.