PDA

View Full Version : confused.....:(

tracyg
09-09-2009, 08:55 PM
......dont take much lol

anyway been reading this forum for a few months now have posted a couple of times and got some great info so thought i would pick all your brains again and try and become a regular poster not just lurking lol

right i will admit i havent long finished my eyfs training (long waiting lists round this way!) but i still havent started recording my observations.........:(
i need to get organised but tbh im scared im gonna do it wrong!
i already do a childminding diary for myself (i do the contact books with a couple of my mindees,there the ones that bothered returning them!)
i have downloaded the 'all about me forms', can i get current mindees to fill these in too or are they just for new starters??
im thinking maybe i could get a little document folder to keep this and loose bits of paper in ie pictures they have done, and then have a exercise book to jot down any obs and stick in any pics??, would this be ok doing it this way??

i havent got any full timers at the mo all come different days of weeks so in this case should i do monthly plans rather than weekly?? and where do you all get your ideas for what to plan to do?

sorry for all the questions :thumbsup:

sarah707
10-09-2009, 05:59 PM
You can use any way of recording it that you feel comfortable with...

I always say - just ask yourself if you'd be pleased to receive it as a parent...

Photos, pieces of the children's art, notes from you and the parents and the children... yes it's great if they want to complete their own 'all about me' booklet.

Link what they are doing to the eyfs by using the 6 areas of learning and development... find next steps to show how you are helping them to learn more and follow their interests... that's your planning sorted... and observe again in a never ending circle.

hth :D

tracyg
11-09-2009, 06:36 AM
thanks for repling sarah, yes that does help thank you x