PDA

View Full Version : Bit of a rant and a bot of good news.... fingers crossed

Carrie-Anne
09-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Finally after 3 months of waiting for he CRB checks for me, my mum and dad. (I'll be childminding from my mum and dads house as thought living in a flat etc would be a bit harder, even though knew it could be done)

Anyway, my Mum's CRB check came back first and at the bottom it has in other information about my cousin. Now my cousin was in prison for a little while and was released early on a license and the police and probation people appoched my dad and asked him if my cousin could stay there while out on his tag. my dad thinking this was doing some good agreed! Well the police would not talk to my dad about what my cousin had done. Anyway, at the bottom of my mum's CRB check has all about my cousin and how he lived there and how being my mum's nephew could still be in contact and go to the house etc! I spoke to OFSTED about it and they were happy about it all and said they were happy he doesnt go to the house any more and will not be there while childminding etc.

Well today I got my CRB check and I thought it was a check on a person, well mine has all about my cousin on it too! I have spoke to OFSTED and they are happy for me to go ahead and childmind (still going to wait until certificate actually in my hand to believe this). But I explained to them if a parent asked to see my CRB check they will see this other information and me being a parent wouldnt choose someone with some extra info on the statement even if OFSTED had okayed it. They have told me to dispute it with the CRB people but I have to fill in a form and explain all this. So I am waiting for the form ;-(

Also if I move to a house ehich hope to, their house and my cousin having stayed there will have no effect on me, so ehy put it on there AR!!!

Good new being though OFSTED sound ok about it all :-)Sorry I feel better now I have ranted, I probably make no sense but I have aired my point and feel better :-)

xxxxx

flora
09-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Glad to be of service, rant away my dear.

I have tonight and feel so much the better for it :D

Good luck getting up and running :thumbsup:

Carrie-Anne
09-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Amazing how much better you feel after a rant :)

I just need to chill now and wait. Wanted to advertise to have mindees lined up but to scared to just in case...

xxxx

bongywongy
10-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Hi Carrie-Anne

A CRB is a personal document about you. You do not have to show parents your CRB just explain that it was part of the registration process. It is Ofsted's responsibility to check the suitability of all people who live or work within your home. You would not have received your registration certificate if they did not deem you or another person within the registered setting suitable.

Try not to worry as long as you have a way of managing who enters the house you will be fine.

sarah707
10-09-2009, 05:38 PM
I am very surprised that they put that information on your CRB.

I would suggest you complain and get a new copy.

Some parents do ask to see CRB checks so it's important you feel confident about showing it to them.

Hope it is sorted quickly for you! :D

Carrie-Anne
10-09-2009, 07:29 PM
OFSTED were suprised it was on our copies too, as said it is usually just on their copy in the other relevent information.

I rang CRB yesterday to get a dispute form to get it taken off of mine and my mum and dad have rang today to get theirs. Just hope having a dispute with them doesnt take as long as the initial progress.

I am just glad OFSTED are ok about it all. Fingers crossed certificate will be here in few weeks and I can get fully started.

Thank you every one though... you are all so lovely when have a rant.

ajs
10-09-2009, 07:34 PM
no advice as it's already been said but that's what we're her for so rant away

Carrie-Anne
28-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Just wanted to update you and thank you for all your help. I rang OFSTED on wednesday, having sent my CRB back to have about my cousin taken off, and they said that as my CRB was being disputed I would have to wait. I was not happy so asked to speak to the origianl person I spoke to and explained that they had said about getting it taken off but they had okayed everything their end even though it was on there. She rang me back and said certificate will be in post.

Certificate came Saturday!!!!! So excited just need to start now!! So happy!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Thank you all once again for listening to my original rant :-)
xxx

Minstrel
28-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Excellent news! :clapping:

Agree it is a bit odd with having your cousins details on there too :panic:

mrsbish01
30-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Hi Carrie-Anne

You've got me a bit worried now... my much older than me brother has a criminal record and out of my 30 years i've only had about 3 years of contact with him (parents washed their hands before i was born) but a few years back i found out he was back in prision and felt i should try to help him get sorted, he came out a year later, i got him lots of clothes and a place to stay, he was in more trouble and sent back to finish his sentence. This time i realised it was no use me trying to help and cut contact. Ive since moved, married and had a child of my own. Anyway about 3 yrs after last contact, he tipped up where i lived and asked local police station if they could help him locate - as luck would have it they had my number under maiden name (he doesnt know married name) due to a report id made. They called and said he was in the city looking for me, could i come down and see him although he wasn't in trouble but not well. I knew he'd had a heart problem for years and was waiting a bypass operation so went down purely to check he was ok. That was it, i bought him a coffee and i told him about hubby n baby, and that I would not give out my number or address to him.
I've not seen him since as decided it was best not to help further as i know he only came for money and my soft nature.. just worried as hell now that my crb will link us especially as the police contacted me only 4months ago to see him... i had told his parole officer that whilst i wanted to know he was ok, i didnt want contact as previously let me down and had no trust in him, plus mentioned my registration and said i didnt want him to mess that up - so i just hope that if he does crop up on my crb, she will back me up in saying that i didnt want anything to do with him!!!
Sorry for the long post... and this is the shortened version!!! :blush:

Demonjill
04-10-2009, 08:29 AM
Thats fab news well done :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Carrie-Anne
05-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Hi Carrie-Anne

You've got me a bit worried now... my much older than me brother has a criminal record and out of my 30 years i've only had about 3 years of contact with him (parents washed their hands before i was born) but a few years back i found out he was back in prision and felt i should try to help him get sorted, he came out a year later, i got him lots of clothes and a place to stay, he was in more trouble and sent back to finish his sentence. This time i realised it was no use me trying to help and cut contact. Ive since moved, married and had a child of my own. Anyway about 3 yrs after last contact, he tipped up where i lived and asked local police station if they could help him locate - as luck would have it they had my number under maiden name (he doesnt know married name) due to a report id made. They called and said he was in the city looking for me, could i come down and see him although he wasn't in trouble but not well. I knew he'd had a heart problem for years and was waiting a bypass operation so went down purely to check he was ok. That was it, i bought him a coffee and i told him about hubby n baby, and that I would not give out my number or address to him.
I've not seen him since as decided it was best not to help further as i know he only came for money and my soft nature.. just worried as hell now that my crb will link us especially as the police contacted me only 4months ago to see him... i had told his parole officer that whilst i wanted to know he was ok, i didnt want contact as previously let me down and had no trust in him, plus mentioned my registration and said i didnt want him to mess that up - so i just hope that if he does crop up on my crb, she will back me up in saying that i didnt want anything to do with him!!!
Sorry for the long post... and this is the shortened version!!! :blush:

Hi I have just seen your message. I would not worry at al about it. the only reason my cousin popped up was because he lived at the address I want to mind at and they see it as a potential risk as it were. once explained etc to OFSTED they were fine with all this. I am sure your brother will not come up on yours. He shouldnt do.

Keep posted about your progress.