PDA

View Full Version : Asked to sign an agreement from parents?

mumof4
09-09-2009, 08:00 PM
I have taken on 2 siblings that started 2 days ago, contracts signed, fees agreed etc. tonight i have recieved an email from dad asking me to sign an agreement he`s written basically saying the same as contract but saying that the fees will be paid by a firm which is his. I think he`s trying to claim the fees as a buisness expense which he cant as far as i know.
Any ideas anyone?? Would you sign it? Thanks for reading:)

The Juggler
09-09-2009, 08:02 PM
I would maybe question it. As long as you receive your money there is no need for you to sign to say where you are getting your money from. It's not an agreement for a voucher payment via his company maybe?

mumof4
09-09-2009, 08:06 PM
I do have other parents that pay vouchers but as far as i know the most you can claim is £243 a month? He`s putting nearly twice as much through which is what confused me. I was also worried about signing something that doesnt have back up from the ncma.( i am a born worrier!)

sarah707
09-09-2009, 08:07 PM
2 of my parents pay by voucher from small companies ... 1 owns the company.

The max is £243 a month (I think) and I get a cheque.

i didn't have to sign anything though, that's a bit odd.

I'd question why it's necessary.

maybe tell him you want to run it by your insurance company first because if you have a payment problem in the future they are the ones you'd be calling for help aren't they?

Hth :D

Pipsqueak
09-09-2009, 08:09 PM
I would want the paperwork checked out by a soliticor at the least.

mumof4
09-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Good idea Sarah,thanks. I will phone them tomorow.:)

Kelly
09-09-2009, 08:14 PM
I would offer the 3rd copy of your contract for his work purposes, this should be adequate for any tax benefits he can claim

Are you a member of NCMA? maybe you could say that you are advised only to use your own contracts that you issue.

Curly Quavers
09-09-2009, 08:30 PM
I would offer the 3rd copy of your contract for his work purposes, this should be adequate for any tax benefits he can claim

I agree this is all that should be required sounds a little strange.