PDA

View Full Version : Roll on this afternoon............

button68
26-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Does anyone else struggle when they only have 1 mindee?

Gosh I need to find another child just for the mornings to play with mindee J (age 2)

I am mentaly exhausted played musical statues/bumps with him (not much fun with just the 2 of you :( ) I got the farm out on top of a huuuuuuge sheet of paper and got him to draw paths ponds etc for the animals but he is only interested in pressing down on all the pencils so all the points snap off :angry:

He just wants me to put the Barney DVD on - his mum gave it to me when he started with me and said that that is what his nanna put on when she looked after him :mad:

He can't play on his own at all :rolleyes: When the other two come back from nursary it's a diffrent story he'll play games, role play etc with them.

We are all going to the local urban farm this afternoon - it's cold but bright here - can't wait 'cos I'm climbing the walls here!!!

ajs
26-02-2008, 11:05 AM
i agree it's far more work with one but it's the same with my own i always wanted them to have friends over so they were entertained.
my little one had a typhoid injection last night so is in a foul mood and just wants to be cuddled but i eventually persuaded her to go to bed where she's been for the last hour (asleep i promise not just dumped)

but i bet she wakes up now i've posted that

sarah707
26-02-2008, 11:10 AM
It is hard with just one sometimes!

How awful that grandma just put on a dvd as well... and that dreadful Barney! :panic:

It'll be Nursery pick up time soon! :D

Polly2
26-02-2008, 11:11 AM
I have absolutely the same prob with a little 3yr girl I mind.

She is fine when my kids are home but gets so bored with me and she even struggles when I have other younger kids to mind.

I have to have loads of things planned because she loses interest so quickly. She is fine with older children.

I think it is because she is an only child and is only used to being around adults.

Look at it this way - J is learning how to occupy himself when he is with you (not all the time of course) but it is a skill worth learning :)

I tend to do something with her, then point her in the direction of the dolls or train set etc and ask her to play with that while I feed baby or something, then I come back to her.

Sorry rambling now xxx

ruby
26-02-2008, 11:15 AM
they must have put something in the water here because they all seem to be playing up today

we have one pushing and shoving
one crying when she can't do what she wants
one who has been crying all morning
and the other two just mis behaving

trying to do mothers day cards but giving it up as a bad job will try again tomorrow hopefully they will all be in a better mood
at least two go to nursey this afternoon and the other will have a sleep

they are having a snack at the moment so peace for a few minutes

oh well just one of the joys of childminding :laughing:

angeldelight
26-02-2008, 11:17 AM
It can be difficult but it sounds like you are doing every thing right

Personally I would put his dvd on for 30 min - give yourself a break and have a cuppa it wont hurt

Angel xx

button68
26-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Glad it's not just me then :rolleyes: He just can't play on his own at all, once I stop interacting with him he just stops playing and sits there or wanders around like a lost soul :(

berkschick
26-02-2008, 11:21 AM
:panic: Dont tell me this, I have C starting on Friday! She is only 2.5 and will be on her own except for Ella who will be asleep 10 - 12!

I hope your bottom doesnt get too sore from the bumps!

Im with Angel, pop the DVD on for half an hour.

LittleMissSparkles
26-02-2008, 11:22 AM
mondaymorning are tough for me too now Amy goes to pre school as only have C till we pick her up again and its not the same without her around x

angeldelight
26-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Some children are happy to play on their own though so you might be ok Debbie

I have the 3 year old who will sit for ages playing games but the little boy is terrible I only have to move from one area of the room to another and he is behind me asking me what im doing he will do nothing on his own

Yeah its time for a break Mandy

Angel xx

crazybones
26-02-2008, 11:30 AM
My 4 year old mindee is playing up too. Is it a full moon? Scribbled black crayon all over the lovely mothers day card we made. Banging the telly cabinet doors because I wont switch it on and taking everything off William. 15 mins till A arrives which means 10 mins of him tearing around the house like a madman until his mum finally leaves when he will settle down. The 10 mins till take 4 year old to nursery for pm. He is actually sitting eating an early lunch so I am having a quick cuppa and complaining to amazon that the fridge thermometer they sent has arrived damaged.:mad:

Annie x

berkschick
26-02-2008, 11:40 AM
G had scratched Ella within 5 mins of getting back from school! She is only 1 and I think she was trying to hug Ella but it went a bit wrong.

They both sound asleep....bliss!

Heaven Scent
26-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Tell me about it I'm really looking forward to having another 3 year old after easter I can do so much with 2 and they can play/work together.

Celine;)

miffy
26-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Have to say mandy i would have put the dvd on for a bit just to break the cycle - he might have played alone for a bit after that

Hope you enjoyed the farm trip

miffy xx

buildingblocks
03-03-2008, 06:14 PM
I care for S aged nearly 3 who actually plays on his own all morning quite happily. i have just taken on 7mth old so still no playmate for him. occasionally have J ona monday and have X every Tuesday and it is so nice that he has someone to play with.

So it was really lovely as today had a visit from Susan with two children and it was so nice to hear them all playing together. Had to put S to bed after lunch but it is so nice to here children playing together rather than the silence of just one child