PDA

View Full Version : HELP pressie for 11yrold

mushpea
09-09-2009, 06:04 PM
hi i need some help on what to buy her, she will be 11 on her birthday and the worst part is its my daughter and i havent got a clue what to get her and she dosent know what she wants!! shes not spoilt but the trouble is we bought things like a computer and wii for all to use, she has a DS , she dosent really wear jewlry and whilst shes not interested i am happy not to buy her make up, she is stil in the juniors so no real preasure for make up etc from older kids anyway. she has a phone although its a cheap one casue its her first and for emergencys wen shes out only.
she has askd for the latest 'now' cd but thats it , she mentioned money but knows things are tight so she got all embarrased bless her, how much is a decent amount of money for this age? for her birthday treat she wants to take a freind to the cinema but this will be paid for using the tesco voucher scheme so only really gota pay for sweets and popcorn and a meal out.
so anyway some ideas please and also how much money would you give an 11yrold? (remebering its my daughter not a mindee)

Chatterbox Childcare
09-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Does she need a bike/clothes/music - what about a credit to her account?

sweets
09-09-2009, 06:07 PM
if theres nothing she really wants what about a day out at a funfair or something similar for her and a friend followed by a sleepover. you could also give her a token amount of money as a present. Or decorate her bedroom, getting her to choose paint, new lampshade etc

mushpea
09-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Does she need a bike/clothes/music - what about a credit to her account?

she has a bike, has had a growth spurt inthe summer so just had new cloths and dosent have a bank account yet as in the move we lost their birth certificates so cant open an account:blush: !!!

mushpea
09-09-2009, 06:20 PM
cor sounds like she's spoilt but shes not we were given the bike and cloths were essential as she was begining to look odd with cloths that just did not fit bless her.

LOOPYLISA
09-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Has she a laptop?, maybe new tv for her room?

daisyboo1980
09-09-2009, 06:34 PM
what abt a magazine subscription ? or a mp3 player doesnt have to be an i pod you can get some good ones for under 50 on play. com and fill it with some music for her

mushpea
09-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Has she a laptop?, maybe new tv for her room?

nice ideas thanks, did think about a laptop for her homwork etc, but i have a laptop she uses and we have a desktop that they all use, as for the tv they we have a spare room which is my own childrens only tv/playroom

LOOPYLISA
09-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Its hard isnt it, would prob give her money :thumbsup:

The Juggler
09-09-2009, 06:52 PM
what about a day out instead - to a theme park, a show/musical or something similar.

cs01
09-09-2009, 06:55 PM
how about cratft things - you can buy them as box sets, beads, paint your own jewellery boxes etc, books?

candy cat
09-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Hi! is she creative?? I work in hobbycraft so there are plenty of ideas if you have one near you....card making,jewellry making,knitting,scrap booking you name it.cx

Daisy1956
09-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Hi what about a camera or has she got one on her phone:)

LOOPYLISA
09-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Thought of another idea :D

How about a pamper day just you and her ? maybe 1 friend :thumbsup:

mandy moo
10-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Hi, its my sons 11th birthday tomorow, my husbands brought him a DSI, which unfortuatley, we had a 'talk' about (sons behaviour this last year, in my opinion, says he doesnt deserve one) but hubby, I guess feels guilty, he works extremly hard and doesnt see as much of both boys, (IMO) as he could do.
So, DS1 wont be getting anything else.
Sorry not much help, But the you and her, and the girlie type day sounds good:thumbsup: