PDA

View Full Version : anyone finding it odd getting back into school pickups?

newandlearning
09-09-2009, 05:32 PM
hi.. you know I don't think I had enough time to relax during the summer and am finding it difficult to get back into things.. on top of that the 2yo I mind is having wobblies on each school run so far..:( .. he had a melt down because he wanted to run into his siblings class yesterday afternoon and didn't like it when I grabbed him as he was bolting on me in playground :angry: .. today he didn't want to go pick up my LO and started screaming shortly after I got my LO from school.. and then he refused to hold my hand at his siblings school (later in day).. and then bent my finger back as we tried to get out of school grounds. Wasnt happy about that... this is really draining and I realise this is partially him adjusting to everyone going to school and possibly wanting to go to... but all in all its exhausting me ... is anyone else finding the younger ones seem to not be adjusting to school even tho they aren't the ones going..??:)

venus89
09-09-2009, 05:55 PM
The kids are all fine about it but I'm not - I'm exhausted!!

Can you promise him some activity that he loves doing for if he drops the others off to school nicely in the morning? I also use wrist reins for the 2 year old I have who i know won't stand still and hold my hand. He plays dogs.... So he has a bit of freedom but can't go very far.

Hope it improves xx

Chatterbox Childcare
09-09-2009, 06:01 PM
I love it - routine is back

As for your little ones I can only say "reins"

sarah707
09-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Reins or a buggy... with crossed straps if necessary.

Explain to parents and the child that you must put safety before anything else.

Hope it settles down soon for you! :D

newandlearning
09-09-2009, 06:09 PM
I said today oddly enough that if we couldn't stay safe together we'd have to go in double buggy.. tomorrow I think I will do this in the afternoon as then I know everyone will sit and wait.. I hope this all settles too..x

FizzysFriends
09-09-2009, 07:02 PM
I'm finding the children are struggling to get back into it. The pre-schoolers are so tired when I collect them at lunchtime they are turning into zombies. Today nearly 4 yr old begged to go in the pushchair on the school run so she could sleep (I didn't let her).

venus89
09-09-2009, 07:07 PM
I said today oddly enough that if we couldn't stay safe together we'd have to go in double buggy.. tomorrow I think I will do this in the afternoon as then I know everyone will sit and wait.. I hope this all settles too..x

You and the child? Sounds cozy :laughing:

LOOPYLISA
09-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Routine is back :thumbsup:

Its only dd who is 11 i drop off and meet after in town but she has started high school and its all change, good change though :D