PDA

View Full Version : What's required?

venus89
26-02-2008, 10:58 AM
I'm starting to childmind part time in a couple of weeks, part time for a couple of babies (separately, of course) one of whom will be coming 2 or three days a week term time and the other will be coming one day a fortnight term time (for two teachers who are job sharing) plus, perhaps, the odd extra day if one of the mums gets called in to cover another teacher. I've met the babies and am going through contracts with the mums at the moment. They both have copies of my policies, which they're happy with. So thus far all's going well.

What I'm now working on is all the paperwork and I was wondering if anyone can give me any pointers as to what is absolutely necessary to have, as opposed to all the many extra bits I'll set myself to doing if I don't know! I don't want to get so bogged down inventing forms that I forget something which is basic but important.

Also, in terms of equipment, as a newbie with babies will I be expected to have much in the way of toys? They change so fast at that age (6 months and 9 months) that I'm hoping my supply of basics will be acceptable.

Thank you, thank you, thank you x

namtasha
26-02-2008, 11:40 AM
here is what i have not saying its perfect but its how i do it!!
contract
child record (including emergebcy contac)
accident form
incident form
pre exsisting injury
medication form
register
reciept book

in regards to toys make a few treasure baskets they ar echeap and easy to do, use wooden spoons, pine cones, wisks ets will see if i can find a link babies love them
hope that helps a little

namtasha
26-02-2008, 11:42 AM
http://www.peep.org.uk/standard.asp?id=300

http://www.contentedchild.co.uk/

you can theme them
have a smelly one, a touchy one, a furry one, a pink one etc

venus89
26-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Thank you, you're a star!

i'm starting to work on forms like daily diary, planned activity and record of observation now. As far as i can work out they are the biggies (especially of course the daily diary and observations). Are there any other forms like that I need to draw up? I've discovered so many great resources that between them must have 50 or so forms and I would like to have some time to actually play with the babies!

thanks again

venus89
26-02-2008, 12:22 PM
I've just had a look at the links - what a lovely idea, I'll certainly be making one up. x

sarah707
26-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Sounds like you've got it under control!

Planning for babies is much looser than older children don't forget, so less work! Have a look here for some advice :D

http://www.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/eyfs/resources/downloads/planningfrombirth.pdf

venus89
26-02-2008, 12:41 PM
Thank you, I'll have a look at that, glad to hear I'm barking up the right tree!:clapping: How do you all cope with all the paperwork?!

sarah707
26-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Get it under control so I do the minimum every day... have lists everywhere... train the teenagers to do it... (JOKE!) :laughing:

But then, as most people here know, I like paperwork! :cool:

crazybones
26-02-2008, 06:55 PM
.....and I like Sarahs paperwork. :laughing:

Annie x

although it gives me more paperwork once I have read her books :o

miffy
26-02-2008, 09:14 PM
here is what i have not saying its perfect but its how i do it!!
contract
child record (including emergebcy contac)
accident form
incident form
pre exsisting injury
medication form
register
reciept book

in regards to toys make a few treasure baskets they ar echeap and easy to do, use wooden spoons, pine cones, wisks ets will see if i can find a link babies love them
hope that helps a little

Don't forget permission forms

Miffy xx

Heaven Scent
26-02-2008, 09:28 PM
I like Sarahs paperwork too - have a look on Bromley childminders website its great loads to download also. Thanks Sarah another great link.

Celine:idea: